Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-03-2021, 08:09 AM   #1
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Likebook Mars Android 8.1 upgrade in 2021?

So I have 3 (!) different "instructions" documents in bad english, as well as a few different 8.1 firmware packages.

But in all of them the Mega.nz link to the "Androidtool.exe" is not working anymore. Does anybody know where this is? Or do I have to use another different tool for the flashing job?
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:47 AM   #2
Galliano
Galliano began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post
So I have 3 (!) different "instructions" documents in bad english, as well as a few different 8.1 firmware packages.

But in all of them the Mega.nz link to the "Androidtool.exe" is not working anymore. Does anybody know where this is? Or do I have to use another different tool for the flashing job?
Hi, try this link I got mid October 21: https://mega.nz/#!OZJBRQ5b!zTTN1rqgC...YVbDjxAoUbwMN4

But shouldn't actually be enough to rename the firmware file in "update.zip" and save it in root on the device?
Galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2021, 04:15 AM   #3
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post

A search in google found this site:
https://wiki.radxa.com/Android/android_tool

There is a link to Android tool in the Requirements section. NOTE: I make no guarantee that it will work, isn't a virus, etc. but it seems legit. I do remember that it had to be installed in the root directory of the C: drive in order to work correctly (and the original instructions did not make this clear).

Good luck.

Oops, didn't notice that Galliano was replying to a post that was a couple of months old - you probably don't care now :-)

Last edited by Techbar; 11-15-2021 at 04:28 AM.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:20 AM   #4
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:

But shouldn't actually be enough to rename the firmware file in "update.zip" and save it in root on the device?
Sadly no. The update from Android 6 to Android 8.1 had to be done using using the Android Tool and following some not very well written instructions that confused many and possibly bricked a few devices as well.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:14 AM   #5
Galliano
Galliano began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
In case anyone still needs/wants to upgrade its MARS to Android 8.1, I found here a newer version of the AndroidTooi:

https://mega.nz/file/zBxChIza#mjsKjc...aHjlGz2_C6jkb4

No guarantee that it works, I did not try it.
Galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert