Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
ljrkrispes
Enthusiast
ljrkrispes began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1
What is pathway for Calibre Library on Mac

Getting great suggestions about my Calibre Library thinking it is is DropBox problem. But I am much more basic than that. Many posts I've searched talked about "pointing" to a library. What does that mean for me as a Mac user and how do I find out what my current path is? Thanks...
ljrkrispes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrkrispes View Post
Getting great suggestions about my Calibre Library thinking it is is DropBox problem. But I am much more basic than that. Many posts I've searched talked about "pointing" to a library. What does that mean for me as a Mac user and how do I find out what my current path is? Thanks...
1. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	158068 →→→ 2. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	158069

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Click the Path item shown in the Book Details pane for any book. If you don't see it, then use Preferences > Look and feel > Book Details to show it.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
orr tap 'O' to open the LOCATION of the book. The Library (metadata.db and Author folders) is 2 up

Calibre offers many ways to get there
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #5
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Now that the Documents folder on a Mac is located in the cloud, you might consider changing the location of your Calibre folder to reside in the Documents folder. Depends, maybe, on how much stuff you have in your Drop Box account. I used to use Drop Box, but my Calibre folder has outgrown the space I can get for free, so I just use what Apple gives me (though I pay 99 cents a month for extra space.)

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert