Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #1276
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I like it Sothh! my only quibble is with the word "screams" in S3....seems to me cries might be better.

Let your words live on!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #1277
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I like it Sothh! my only quibble is with the word "screams" in S3....seems to me cries might be better.

Let your words live on!
A quibble with your quibble, Kenny. I know you're a Pink Floyd fan so think "Dark Side of the Moon", and the screams work - for me at least.

Great job, Sothh, I like it.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #1278
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
What Matters Most at my Age

These days I look forward
to getting my monthly AARP Bulletin.
Well I’m not sure I exactly look forward to it.
I mean I don’t get overly
excited or anything like that,
my Xanax and Atenolol help with that.

But interestingly there always
seems to be something of concern in it
like “Why so many get Hooked on
Gambling,” or “Statins to the Rescue!”
Oh well, I think I’ll take a nap.

Kenny A. Chaffin – 1/8/2014
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #1279
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite

Somehow
as the sun goes down
so go my eyes
Looking cold ice
And fresh
Upon the reflex
Sunshine makes
On the lake bed

Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #1280
Marcus365
The Bayou Classic1
Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: none
How Did You Get So Sweet?

How Did You Get So Sweet?

How did you get so sweet...sent straight from heaven, my God given treat.

How did you get so sweet, not too thick, not too petite,

but perfect from your head to your feet.

If you were a song I would put you on repeat, if you were a city gold would pave your streets,

and if I were a puzzle only you would make me complete.

When are you going to tell me how you got so sweet,

Is it gonna take long, do I need to take a seat?

Or will it be too complex to put into words, and I'll walk away still puzzled about what I just heard?

Will you have to write it down and put it in a book, that would get every reader hooked with just one look?

What's it going to take for you to tell me how you got so sweet,are there some kind of requirements that I have to meet?

Do I have to take a class and stay glued to my seat, so I can pass every test and rank among the elite?

Spend long hours studying, and turn my work in nice and neat,

and work hard to get the right answer even when I'm pressured to cheat?

It should be deemed a national holiday and we should trade gifts and eat, on whatever day you decide to tell me how you got so sweet.
Marcus365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #1281
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

splotch of yellow
hangs high in the deep blue -
sun-smeared noon

Old 02-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #1282
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
With apologies to Marcus365:

How Did You Get To Be Such A Pain In The Buttocks?

How did you get to be such a pain in the buttocks?

When I first met you, I thought you rocked.

But I was wrong.

You’re like a bag of wet cement,

from your head right down to your hairy feet.

If you were a song, I would have to gong* you,

your words so doggone wrong,

I would leave my seat in utter defeat,

maybe walk the streets and pick out a beat

Tell me:

How did you get to be such a pain the buttocks?

When you first appeared, I thought you were weird,

With that little moustache and a multi-colored beard.

Your little loveable gap-teeth like an open airport.

So tell me, my large, lovable hirsute bird:

How did you get to be such a pain in the buttocks?

*A reference to the Gong Show from the 1970s, rather than to any violence perpetrated or focused upon any and/or all individuals who might actually be gonged.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-21-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:23 AM   #1283
mrmarlowe
Zealot
mrmarlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
The Blind Can See

Thought to post a poem of mine here (already posted on allpoetry.com) if it is not against the rules.

The glamour of a string of pearls,
Or the fine lines of a tree birch,
What are they to a man who's lost his eyes?
They are all but same!

Seen a blind fella on the street?
Why would you trouble yourself to describe,
The effervescence of the nature around?
When you think it'd be so lame?

Do you honestly think the blind is any less than you?
Can you feel your way up to nickels and dimes?
Enjoy music the way they do?
Do you still think being blind is such a shame?

Does the olive that give peace have eyes?
Can the sunshine and rainwater that nourish you,
See?
Or the cave salamander of slender frame?

If powers make a man,
If eyes are not the most powerful sense we have,
Then the blind have far greater powers to claim,
Being a blind is no shame!
mrmarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:25 AM   #1284
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Interesting. MR does in fact have a thread just for members to post their poetry work in. I've posted some myself in the past.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #1285
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread moved to the correct thread that already exists for this sort of thing.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #1286
Marcus365
The Bayou Classic1
Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marcus365 writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

lol...
Old 02-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #1287
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

a star airs tonight
breathing air, birthing an air -
live, Bach lives!

Old 02-28-2014, 04:20 AM   #1288
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Doesn't anyone write real poetry any more? You know, the kind with a meter, that scans properly? All the things that are posted here seem to be normal text with line breaks in funny places...

Or, in other words:

I'd like in this forum to see
Poems that scan properly.
Is this art of writing dead
Or can't people be botherèd?

Last edited by HarryT; 02-28-2014 at 04:47 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #1289
Marcus365
The Bayou Classic1

lol genius
Old 02-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #1290
mrmarlowe
Zealot
mrmarlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
Exam Fever

Hello, are you thinking something?
Are you anxious?
Are you looking out of the window?
Are you suffering from the exam fever?

The proctor enters the room
Mumbling a few swear words,
You learn something new, you're excited now
More than you ever were when reading your books.

That to and fro pacing of the proctor
Makes your heart beat and thump,
Your hands move, you look at the window
But your feet tie you back to the room.

There is no use of these futile exercises
There is no use even passing one of these,
You will remain the same as you're now
Until life becomes your teacher.

When I was a child and the exam season approached
My two hands shook, as if cold,
My head ached and my heart pounded endlessly
I thought I had a fever!

When I was a child like you
I used to be immersed in a sea of books,
Now I feel I'd learned nothing back then
And I know so much more now.

I know so much more about life as I lived it
I know more than from those petty school books,
I can explain it, you will not understand
That knowledge is not to be found in your textbooks.

How can they teach you anything anyway?
By cooping you into those four walls,
When your mind is flowing out of the window
Looking out for a quick escape?
mrmarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poetry, squirrelku