Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #31
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Yaaawwwwn! So totally NOT exciting!
I'd be lot more excited over a search function and decent foot/end-note handling, collections and other improvements in the reading exerience.
Give me those and I might be way more likely to actually use the device and talk nicely about it on FB and elsewhere!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #32
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
Call me bitter, but maybe getting their device to sync to ios and a search feature and multiple bookmarks would be a better start...
Can we get endnotes to work on sideloaded content. Please.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #33
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
<Homer> Boring! </Homer>

I'm active on Facebook and even I don't give a damn. OH well, I'll know not to get my hopes up the next time there's an imminent "exciting announcement".
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #34
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
And fix the text getting cut off on the last line as well please!
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #35
CWPitcher
CWPitcher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Touch, iPhone
http://blog.kobobooks.com/exciting-n...nounced-today/

"Kobo CEO Michael Serbinis will be discussing Kobo’s expanding social reading experience on f8 Live (f8.facebook.com), streaming directly from the event at 2:20 p.m. PST."

You can watch it live here: https://f8.facebook.com/
CWPitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #36
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Fix not being able to delete side loaded books from SD card please and thank you
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #37
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
definitely not bitter here, but it's really not all that exciting either.. *shrug*
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #38
denysm
denysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
So Facebook integration "will change the nature of how and what we read". What a load of bull .....
denysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #39
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
<YAWN> that "exciting" announcement is pretty much a non-event for me. One of the reasons I enjoy reading is that it is a great way for me to unwind after a day dealing with people in a variety of demanding situations. I really don't feel the need to socially interact with people via FB while reading.
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #40
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursedude View Post
. I really don't feel the need to socially interact with people via FB while reading.
Agreed
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #41
Lunchtray
Connoisseur
Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Gen 1
While I don't care much for the social announcement it would be nice to be able to find a book series and then be able to kind-of have a book club of Kobo owners in the Reading Life app.
Lunchtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #42
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Someone needs to remove "exciting" from the thread title.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #43
ZombWii
Enthusiast
ZombWii began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Ahem, may I point out that enhancing the Reading Life functionality will certainly require a firmware update. Just because he didn't mention "insert your favourite quibble here" in his TELE-PRESS CONFERENCE doesn't mean some of those things won't be onboard any such update.

From what I've read, it didn't specify mobile-apps only, it was more of an all-encompassing thing...so you Touch owners may all still feel free to speculate at will I think.

They did however mention that Reading Life was on all their apps and eReaders which, unless I've missed something, it is not. I would like to have it on my Wi-Fi unit, but am left to the imagining of achievements and badges instead.
ZombWii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #44
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
It may not be exciting to those of us already using a Kobo or one of its apps, but this is huge for Kobo. There's no denying that Facebook has a lot of members and having their app/store integrated with Facebook will probably gain them a lot of new customers.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #45
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sao View Post
It may not be exciting to those of us already using a Kobo or one of its apps, but this is huge for Kobo. There's no denying that Facebook has a lot of members and having their app/store integrated with Facebook will probably gain them a lot of new customers.
I would agree with you, but seeing the world like that would require me to temporarily leave my selfish and self-centered comfort zone.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote