Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 03:23 AM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvMB1 View Post
Thank you - that sounds like it's easy. But I must highlight again at this point that I'm a bit of a dummy and I need things explained to me step by step. Can I please ask you to explain that a little more specifically?
EvMB1 - If you have the Book Details panel displayed you can just drag 'n' drop the new docx there, it will overwrite the one that's there. See attachment.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	126091  

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-29-2014 at 04:09 AM. Reason: better screenshot
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
EvMB1 - If you have the Book Details panel displayed you can just drag 'n' drop the new docx there, it will overwrite the one that's there. See attachment.

BR
I keep forgetting that one, I normally leave all the (child) windows closed.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #18
EvMB1
Enthusiast
EvMB1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
I hope my comment didn't come across as rude. It certainly wasn't meant to. I'd really appreciate some help understanding this and resolving it. I feel like I'm not making full use of this software.
EvMB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #19
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Thank you so much! That's brilliant! I understand now. Thank you to everyone who gave me some feedback.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #20
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Wait. I just realised. Does this mean I need to do this for each of the 1600 files on my kindle? I can see that's a great way of updating a file, I still have files on in my Calibre Library folder in Documents that have the older dates.

Just now looking again for the dates on a recent file I added I see that it is not listed in the Calibre Library folder at all.

Should I just delete the library and re-add the files directly from the kindle?
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #21
EvMB1
Enthusiast

OK, my Library folder now has current versions of the files. Problem is that documents I deleted are still in there. I deleted a whole heap of them and it would be quite a chore to try and work out which ones they are. Calibre says I have 448 authors but the Library says its 470.

You were all so good to help me before. Can anyone help me with this?
Old 08-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just run Library Maintenance within calibre. Click on the library icon, select library maintenance / check library, then after stage 1 completes select the option to check if the files in the library match those on disk. This will then give you a report of extra files / directories that do not exist in the database, and let you easily remove them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #23
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Thank you Peter. When I click on the Library icon, the only options that show up are:

Show Books in Calibre Library
Switch/Create Library
Quick Switch
Rename Library
Delete Library
Calibre Library

I don't see library maintenance as an option
Old 09-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you Peter. When I click on the Library icon, the only options that show up are:

Switch/Create Library
Quick Switch
Rename Library
Delete Library
Calibre Library

Slightly Odd list

What version? What OS?

Was the device connected at the time (menus do change when that happens)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #25
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Switch/Create Library
Quick Switch
Rename Library
Delete Library
Calibre Library

@EvMB1 - That's the Menu when a Device is connected, you can't do library maintenance when a device is connected. Which makes sense when I think about it.

Disconnect the Kindle in your usual way.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-08-2014 at 04:59 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:34 AM   #26
EvM1
Enthusiast
EvM1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
Thank you BetterRed
EvM1 is offline   Reply With Quote