Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Hoppity
Hoppity began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Kindle app on Mac laptop

Just got a new Mac Laptop and restored all data form former Laptop's backup drive. Thought all was going fine, until I opened up the Kindle App on the Mac Laptop (running Mountain Lion Software).

I was forced to reregister and now it has a new name. When I go up to the Amazon site and Manage Your Kindle....I see two different kindle names.

How can I get Amazon back to thinking that I only have the one Kindle device. Is there a serial number assigned that can be changed back to the original....and if so, where can I find that.

When moving my books into Calibre (for ease of keeping all ebooks together in one place) I am getting an error message indicating there is No Key, or an incorrect PID number. Have no idea what that is but would love to have this resolved.

Can anyone help?
Hoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I don't know about the PIDs, but to deregister an app:

Go to Manage Your Kindle on your Amazon account (from your web browser).

From the menu listed vertically on the left, choose Manage Your Devices.

Under the heading Registered Kindle Reading Apps you will see your Kindle for Mac apps listed. On the right you will see an option to deregister an app. Once you do that you will be down to only one app registered.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 02-08-2013 at 05:05 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppity View Post
How can I get Amazon back to thinking that I only have the one Kindle device. Is there a serial number assigned that can be changed back to the original....and if so, where can I find that.
Go to http://www.amazon.com/myk

In the left hand side menu click 'Manage Your Devices' and you can deregister the old computer from the device list. Then if you want to you can edit the name of the current app install to the name your old computer used (or you can leave it as is, your choice).

As far as the other question we're not allowed to discuss DRM removal on MobileRead. Best bet is to ask on the same blog where you got the third party plug-in that does that.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
Hoppity
Hoppity began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Kindle problem with new Mac - resolved

Thank you to all who responded. Just wanted to mark this thread as "problem resolved".
Hoppity is offline   Reply With Quote