Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 06:55 PM   #376
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMuffler View Post
Anyone that ordered from ereaderstore that didn't receive their cover in the first wave receive theirs yet? I was originally told covers were coming in the week after i received my Note and it would be shipped then.
My cover just arrived today!! Love it!! I can now take my Note with me wherever I go.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:31 PM   #377
iFlak
Enthusiast
iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: reMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
My cover just arrived today!! Love it!! I can now take my Note with me wherever I go.
YAY!

Still waiting for the whole shebang to arrive at Amazon in the US. After I found I can convert the books I own for the reMarkable, I'm not sure I NEED the Note, but I definitely want to check it out.
iFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #378
iFlak
Enthusiast
iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: reMarkable
I just tried to order from ereader and my card was declined. That happened before, but I forgot.

Edit: Used a different card. My order is placed.

YAY!

Last edited by iFlak; 04-17-2018 at 01:54 PM.
iFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:15 PM   #379
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I have managed to root the Note. I tried several rooting apps yesterday, and all said that they failed. This morning, I suddenly found that I had root through KingRoot. I'm leery of keeping KingRoot on my device, so I used SuperSuMe to remove that and replace it with SuperSu. After one glitch, it worked fine.

Root allows for interesting capabilities. One small example: with the Screenshot Easy app, I can now take screenshots on my Note. (You might not need root for the Screenshot Easy app to work, though. Root gives you more screenshot options with the app.)

I have installed my usual root apps, like Button Savior, Root Explorer, and System App Remover. I have a CPU app, but Onyx did something to prevent user-installed apps from loading at startup. This has been true for other Onyx devices, since (at least) firmware version 1.8.1. If I can find a way around that, that would open possibilities with Tasker and/or Xposed. First, I want to have a clear sense of what I want to do with my Note before knowing if this is necessary. But, now, the doors are open.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #380
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I have managed to root the Note. I tried several rooting apps yesterday, and all said that they failed. This morning, I suddenly found that I had root through KingRoot. I'm leery of keeping KingRoot on my device, so I used SuperSuMe to remove that and replace it with SuperSu. After one glitch, it worked fine
Great, but is not KingRoot a spyware / certified injector of adware?

https://www.reddit.com/r/androidroot...oot_iroot_etc/
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 03:01 PM   #381
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post

That's why I got rid of it with SuperSuMe Pro. This app is designed specifically to remove King Root and all that is installed with it, and to replace the King Root su with SuperSu.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #382
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:

I have installed my usual root apps, like Button Savior, Root Explorer, and System App Remover. I have a CPU app, but Onyx did something to prevent user-installed apps from loading at startup.
Try simply to convert Button Savior in a system app. You can do it by Titanium backup. Doing it Button Savior will be loaded at startup.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #383
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
Try simply to convert Button Savior in a system app. You can do it by Titanium backup. Doing it Button Savior will be loaded at startup.
Haven't worked with TiBu or rooted devices in a little while. Never thought if that! Thanks!

Edit: Now I see why. TiBu isn't optimized for E-Ink. Some menus are totally dark; others totally white, with no text visible. However, I can see text for the menu that allows me to convert a user app to a system app.

Last edited by downeaster59; 04-17-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:05 AM   #384
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Now I see why. TiBu isn't optimized for E-Ink. Some menus are totally dark; others totally white
To be fair, I have met the same outside EPD displays. It's not E-Ink: it's Android, and how one defines styles/themes. I have a watch in which menus are black on white, but submenus are black on black.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:04 AM   #385
downeaster59
Wizard

Update: Moving Button Savior to System, using Titanium Backup, worked. Button Savior now starts up at boot. There is over 500MG of unused space in the system partition, so there is room for a few more apps, if need be.

I tried the Splashtop remote app. I can view my laptop's display on my Note. The only thing I needed to do was to install a rotation control app first, so that the laptop display would appear in landscape mode on my Note. Nice having an E-Ink laptop, so to speak!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #386
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Hello to all, I have received my Note yesterday and I did some simple tests and screenshot so anyone interested in this tablet could have an idea:

It has the same processor of MAX2

Sorry for the quality but I used the crap camera of my phone.

CPUZ INFO

VIEW with A2 Enabled

VIEW normal

GUARDIAN view normal

GUARDIAN view A2 enabled

ZOOMED Normal

ZOOMED A2

GEEKBENCH 4 NOTE

GEEKBENCH GALAXY TAB S 10.4

MUSICSHEET View compared with my Galaxy TABS PRO (13")

ZOOMED

Last edited by citytrader; 04-18-2018 at 01:43 PM.
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #387
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Exclamation

Quote:
I have managed to root the Note. I tried several rooting apps yesterday, and all said that they failed. This morning, I suddenly found that I had root through KingRoot. I'm leery of keeping KingRoot on my device, so I used SuperSuMe to remove that and replace it with SuperSu. After one glitch, it worked fine.

I tried last version of Kingroot without success several times, how did you root your Note?
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #388
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by citytrader View Post
I tried last version of Kingroot without success several times, how did you root your Note?
Two days ago, I attempted to root my Note. The Kingo Root apk failed. My Norton Internet Security would not allow me to install the PC version of Kingo Root. I tried the King Root apk. Failed. I tried the PC version of King Root. Failed. I tried them all again. Failed. I must have left the King Root apk installed. The next morning, I checked and King Root said that I had root. I needed to re-run King Root, as root was there but not "properly installed". Then, I had full root.

Now, King Root has an iffy reputation, so I then used the SuperSuMe app to remove King Root and add SuperSU. So, I now have SuperSU (Pro) installed. No more King Root. But it was King Root that did the trick, somehow, overnight. It must phone home often.

That's how I stumbled into root access....
Old 04-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #389
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

Device: None
Any news on more optimized apps or firmware update? I thought I saw several pages back another update was supposed to come before the end of March. Not much movement from Onyx on optimizing apps either from what I've seen.
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:22 PM   #390
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post

Thanks for this link -- Magisk looks very interesting. Now if it could work for the Max 2...
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote