Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
how did I break my WiFi

my Wifi has worked, I did the VOX set up at my sisters', have since used it at McD's, the library and my home (set up a router after 1 week). I've had the VOX since Oct 29 and the Wifi has always been fine.

Now it find the Wifi but can't connect. (to any of the places it has connected before with no trouble)
It finds the Wifi, says connecting, says finding IP address, it remembers it, then it disconnects it.
If I go further it has said strength is Good or excellent (depending on where I was).

I didn't think I touched the settings. I do put it into airplane mode regularly to save battery, but I didn't think I had changed any other settings.

HELP!!!
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Just a thought - have you turned your Vox off (holding the power button then Power Off/OK) to reset stuff inside (technical terminology)?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
peterhondak
Zealot

I probably had, but I just tried again.
I also unmounted and removed my ext SD just in case that screwed it up, but no. Still no luck
Old 11-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Try to manually connect/disconnect your WiFi connection (if you can before your Vox is spontaneously disconnected again). Something strange happened to my WiFi one time, and simply disconnecting and re-connecting resolved it.

Also - try at home first. You never know if issues at public places are your device, or faulty wifi at that venue...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
peterhondak
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Try to manually connect/disconnect your WiFi connection (if you can before your Vox is spontaneously disconnected again). Something strange happened to my WiFi one time, and simply disconnecting and re-connecting resolved it.

Also - try at home first. You never know if issues at public places are your device, or faulty wifi at that venue...
Do you mean connect/disconnect my router? or right on my vox?
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
On your Vox.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
peterhondak
Zealot

I'm not sure how.

From WiFi off, I check the box so it says turning on...
then it says connecting to "my wireless...
obtaining IPaddress from "my wireless...
then it says disconnected

then it repeats

if I go into wifi settings, under networks
it has "my wireless
disabled,secured with WPA etc

I touch it, then the screen has signal strength EXCELLENT
so I touch connect
then it says remembered
obtaining IP
then Scanning, then disabled?

when should I do this and how???

thanks
Old 11-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
That's the WiFi Driver not loading. Just turn it off and on a few times from the Wireless settings, and it should turn on okay.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #9
peterhondak
Zealot

IT'S WORKING YEAH!!!!!!

thanks all
Old 11-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
I've had similar things happen to me as well occasionally. Usually turning the wireless off and on works but not today. I had to power off the device and power it on. It then worked just fine.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote