Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #16
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
The setup issues I had (among others) is why I said I would not be giving them out as Christmas presents. Unless you're a tech head or love comics and color books enough that you'd be willing to try troubleshooting your own device...mid much rather hand someone a Kobo Touch.

Plus, the lack of reviews sends any new review to the top... as it did here with MobileSyrup.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #17
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
He should know that processor speed and movies aren't linked at all on ARM. Kiddo.

Add: nobody notices the screen performance in full sunlight either.

Last edited by hieronymos; 11-18-2011 at 06:33 PM.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #18
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
As unboxing review at start it was ok but it took way too much time to let it update while he was trying to force it to do more. Yes that was really what happens but can't speed things up by button pushing. His final conclusion was it is a good book reader but for twice VOX price you get much better android tablet. It does illustrate that now that Kindle Fire is out Kobo Vox needs to be ready out of box without long update.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:51 AM   #19
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I think that's also why it's hard to get a good demo of the Vox, too...so much set up required....unlike the KT that is ready to read with preloaded books. I was happy to set it up...it gave me some more training for when I get my new android phone!!!
Android phones are tinkerers/customizors dreams. My android is the near bottom of the pack LG Optimus one, but it is just amazing in every way. The only thing apple has on google is portable itunes.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote