Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #4231
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Yep, still working...
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #4232
jaj
Enthusiast
jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo
Please make it stop. I'm broke.
jaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #4233
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisu29 View Post
I have been unable to download any of the books I bought that were in pdf format. I spoke with someone from customer service but all she could tell me was that my account would be credited with the amount. That's great but I will not get the great discount on them again. Any ideas?
I've got one title that has a download Abode DRM EPUB button, but when I click on it, it gives an error... I'm a little hesitant to contact support about it, though... I may wait a few days...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #4234
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj View Post
Please make it stop. I'm broke.
I need to stop clicking that blue button! It's just so PRETTY!
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #4235
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
I need to stop clicking that blue button! It's just so PRETTY!
Which one? The Buy Now or the Apply?
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #4236
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura
1 day after ive decided to stop using the code i remembered i wanted the complete 1q84. Luckily for my cc it wont accept the code so it will have to wait for now. phew.
peterwardgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #4237
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Okay what am I missing? After a weekend of not being able to buy much due to Kobo not wanting my credit card's money I decided to get the Chapters Indigo digital gift card (which was an adventure in and of itself, they have really great customer service!). It used to be there was a spot to put the old Kobo cards and it applied the whole balance and then just subtracted from it as you bought books.

But on the new checkout I can't find a place to just enter the gift card and be done with it. It's made me put the card in each time. I even went on my PC (which still gets old Kobo), but don't see where to enter gc numbers there either. I cleared my credit card info thinking that would help, but nope.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #4238
Liber
Liber began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Yesterday after nervously playing around with changing my country, I reverted to Australia and bought two books I wanted with unused 50% codes. This morning, the new checkout has arrived and without changing country I am able to apply the 75% code. However, the second title I purchased with it is not in my library and I can't find it to download. There has been no purchase email for either title from Kobo. Supposedly my Visa card has been charged.
Liber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #4239
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Okay what am I missing? After a weekend of not being able to buy much due to Kobo not wanting my credit card's money I decided to get the Chapters Indigo digital gift card (which was an adventure in and of itself, they have really great customer service!). It used to be there was a spot to put the old Kobo cards and it applied the whole balance and then just subtracted from it as you bought books.

But on the new checkout I can't find a place to just enter the gift card and be done with it. It's made me put the card in each time. I even went on my PC (which still gets old Kobo), but don't see where to enter gc numbers there either. I cleared my credit card info thinking that would help, but nope.
I have to enter my gift card number with every purchase. That's the way it has always been with Chapters gift cards.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #4240
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I have to enter my gift card number with every purchase. That's the way it has always been with Chapters gift cards.
Thanks. I was able to see my gift card balance on the Indigo site. I'm just not sure how Kobo is handling the card being in Canadian funds and me being in the US/using US store. I'm just happy it's working.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #4241
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liber View Post
Yesterday after nervously playing around with changing my country, I reverted to Australia and bought two books I wanted with unused 50% codes. This morning, the new checkout has arrived and without changing country I am able to apply the 75% code. However, the second title I purchased with it is not in my library and I can't find it to download. There has been no purchase email for either title from Kobo. Supposedly my Visa card has been charged.
Liber with the new checkout system Kobo has yet to send out any receipt of purchase emails. They have been notified and (possibly) some pages back there's a post with a copy of the Kobo response to the issue .... along the lines of "we know we've got a problem with not emailing receipts and we're looking into it".

However you still get payment receipts using the old checkout (well I did a couple of days ago at least).

Re the book you can't find - first off if it's not showing in My Library, I'm Reading, then click on purchased which sits next to it.

I've attached a pic ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo_iamreading.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	114668  
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #4242
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Incredibly I still keep getting Kobo emails saying "Take another look at ...."

Ohhhh noooooooo ....... this decision making is just way too exhausting.

I'm finding it difficult to go about my everyday life without wondering if the checkout is still checking out!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #4243
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Where can you use the Indigo gift card? I try it on kobo NZ and I keep getting this error Oops! Something went wrong. Please review your payment information and try again. (I'm using Chrome)
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #4244
Liber
Liber began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Re the book you can't find - first off if it's not showing in My Library, I'm Reading, then click on purchased which sits next to it.
Thanks, Lynx-lynx, but the book is not showing in either I'm Reading or Purchased. I've reported the matter to Kobo Customer Care.
Liber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #4245
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Thank you for posting the 75% code, I bought 8 books using the 75% code and had problems with one, I can’t download it, I think the problem might be related to the format, it is adobe pdf drm, It’s the first time I bought a book in that format. I reported to the kobo support and I’m waiting to see watt they say.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals