Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
HELP --PANIC

Could someone please help urgent please -- I clicked on a column I created called READ and inadvertently clicked restore earlier or something to that effect. BUT it has reverted all my entries (and I am talking 1700 individually entered metadata entries to what they were before I changed them all). I have not closed the program and I really really hope that I can undo what I have done but I cannot find an undo button anywhere. Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Oh my....honey, I don't have an answer for you, but I sincerely hope someone does...I've just spent the last month or so doing the same thing as you (entering metadata individually), and if I lost all that work, I think I'd just cry.

((((hugs))))
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Could someone please help urgent please -- I clicked on a column I created called READ and inadvertently clicked restore earlier or something to that effect. BUT it has reverted all my entries (and I am talking 1700 individually entered metadata entries to what they were before I changed them all). I have not closed the program and I really really hope that I can undo what I have done but I cannot find an undo button anywhere. Berni
I just did this to see what would happen to my custom column. Best I can tell your column is still there with all the data. The column was just moved to the far right. scroll to the right and you'll find it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #4
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Dwanthny -- I found the missing column as you said but as all my entries are all over the place I am still in the same spot. I backed up a copy of the Calibre library only as recently as yesterday so over the weekend I will reinstall Calibre and use the back up library and hope that it may go back to what it was yesterday. Here's hoping!!!!! Thanks for your reply. Cheers. Berni
Old 09-24-2010, 02:46 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Hi Dwanthny -- I found the missing column as you said but as all my entries are all over the place I am still in the same spot. I backed up a copy of the Calibre library only as recently as yesterday so over the weekend I will reinstall Calibre and use the back up library and hope that it may go back to what it was yesterday. Here's hoping!!!!! Thanks for your reply. Cheers. Berni
Just sort on the column. Nothing was removed by clicking on the restore default layout menu option. Every entry you had entered is still there. There is no need to restore anything.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
What Walt said
Look for the column with a small arrowhead. That is the column that is currently being sorted on (and direction)
Calibre biases sorts bases upon the previous sorts.
If you sort Authors (Ascending, then sort on Read, the Authors will tend to be alphabetical within a single "read" status.

BTW if you are working through your unmarked (Y/N) read status list, you might create a saved search (used for a filter) #read:false
Then, when you apply the filter, you only see those that the status has not been set AND you can sort the visible list any way you want.

to clear a filter use, just set the"filter list" back to the blank at the top of the list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
Berni
Enthusiast

Help Panic

Thanks very much for all your comments -- I have saved all these for future use if I mess up again. I was able to resort and get back much of the order I had and had only 40 or so entries which were mucked up totally (cannot figure out why) but it was no big deal to fix these up. I will be very careful in future in sorting via the top column line and will stick to author (ascending) only. I appreciate very much the time you have all taken to reply - it has helped a lot to know that someone will help when you totally stuff up. Kind regards. Berni