Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Spring Design Alex

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
my alex is here

It's awesome! I'm posting from it right now.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Can anything displayed on the lcd screen be transfered to the e-ink screen? Like, say, a page from the eReader app or the shortcovers app? I would seriously consider getting this if that were the case: I could read all my fictionwise and shortcovers stuff on the e-ink screen and use the lcd screen when lighting gets low. Likewise with my non-drm ebooks: I could install FBReader or Aldiko and use that on the lcd when I need to.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Can anything displayed on the lcd screen be transfered to the e-ink screen? Like, say, a page from the eReader app or the shortcovers app? I would seriously consider getting this if that were the case: I could read all my fictionwise and shortcovers stuff on the e-ink screen and use the lcd screen when lighting gets low. Likewise with my non-drm ebooks: I could install FBReader or Aldiko and use that on the lcd when I need to.
You can do that with the browser, yes. I haven't had a chance to try it with anything else yet.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Crazy Jealous!
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
When you get such nice toys would you please do a live web-cam as you learn how to use it? We wouldn’t laugh, promise.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
Crazy Jealous!
I'm looking to sell it, actually.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I posted my first impressions over here:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...t-impressions/

Last edited by Nate the great; 04-21-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Oooh, I hadn't read about the built in mic! Still digging the Alex but not buying another 6 inch screen.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

The bottom screen would make it great to look up pictures of things that I am not real familiar with like the Grumman Bearcat from W E B Griffins' The Corps series.

The Slashgear vid mentions that you can link video / pictures to the text.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
The bottom screen would make it great to look up pictures of things that I am not real familiar with like the Grumman Bearcat from the W E B Griffin The Corps series.

The Slashgear vid mentions that you can link video / pictures to the text.
I haven't tried it yet, but it can do that.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
HorridRedDog
Addict

Where, and when, will you be selling it?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:17 AM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
Where, and when, will you be selling it?
I posted it here on MR last week. But since there was no interest I'm going to sell it on Ebay.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

second impressions:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...d-impressions/
Old 04-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I posted my review:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...g-design-alex/
Old 05-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #15
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Do you see covers while reading?
I only see the symbol for the file format.
I've tried downloading on Alex, copying via Windows Explorer, ....- everything except ADE, which doesn't recognise my Alex...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote