Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 01-15-2024, 12:27 PM   #1
CitronConfit
CitronConfit began at the beginning.

Device: Surface Pro 8
Question Reading comics with Eye Tracking technology ?

Hello everyone !

I am coming here with a technical question, I have tried to research it but I think you guys can point me to the right direction (if there is one !)

My friend with cerebral palsy recently got a Surface Pro 8 with a Tobii eye tracker and I am trying to help him get set up so he can discover the world on comics and mangas. For context, he can only use his eyes to control the tablet and the eye tracker basically works as the mouse. The eye tracking software on the tablet puts quite a large bar on the screen for the controls including "scroll up" and "scroll down" buttons.

I downloaded Calibre on his tablet and while the calibre reader allows him to use the "scroll up" and "scroll down" buttons to go from page to page, but actual comic on the page is still too small for him to read. I'm trying to find info on "panel to panel" view because I feel its the logical next step but i'm having a hard time to figure out if I can do it on Calibre and if its something that needs to be supported in the original e-book file ?

Thanks a bunch !!
CitronConfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessibility, comics, manga