Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-07-2022, 06:24 AM   #1
littlenellie
littlenellie began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Question development environment

Hi. I've been searching through the posts looking for some help with setting up a development environment to simulate my K4 (which is jailbroken, etc.) so I can test my own scripts.

The only thing I've found are some old mentions of the Kindle Development Kit (KDK) beta program but that seems to be defunct now (not surprising, 10+ years on).

Hopefully this is not a dumb question, but my searches haven't turned up anything. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
littlenellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:38 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Define "scripts"?

(But, probably: no, I don't think anyone ever fully wrapped a Kindle image in qemu or something).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2022, 09:10 PM   #3
littlenellie
littlenellie began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Define "scripts"?
Heh, that's a good question.

I'm currently using my K4 as a clock (which uses a bash script to choose the images), so I was thinking 'what else could I try and how would I test it?'. Honestly, I haven't thought further ahead than that.

But, yes, I guess I was hoping there'd be an image that could be VM'd or something along those lines. Oh well

Many thanks!
littlenellie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kdk, sdk, testing