Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2022, 02:44 PM   #1
MonsteraPeru
Enthusiast
MonsteraPeru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & co.
What screen does an Aura One need for a screen replacement?

Trying to replace the screen in my Kobo Aura One, but I'm running into a problem. The device has a backlight and touchscreen, but the screens I found online don't have either. Anyone know if these are part of the screen, or if they are separate?

Here is where I found the Kobo Aura One display model number:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...y_replacement/

And these are some of the screens I found with no backlight/touchscreen:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001268472240.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003912217516.html
MonsteraPeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 03:58 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
If it's IR touch, then it's not part of the screen. There is no backlight on any eink. It's LEDs on pcb that are "light piped" to illuminate the front.

People have succeeded replacing screens, but failed too. It might be better to buy a Nia or Libra2.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2022, 08:29 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't remember seeing discussion of replacement screens for the Aura ONE. I'm not sure if that's because they don't get broken, or replacement screens are not available. Probably the best way to get the part number is to open it and look. You will have to open it to replace the screen, so do it now so that you can get the right part.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 11:37 AM   #4
MonsteraPeru
Enthusiast
MonsteraPeru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & co.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
If it's IR touch, then it's not part of the screen. There is no backlight on any eink. It's LEDs on pcb that are "light piped" to illuminate the front.

People have succeeded replacing screens, but failed too. It might be better to buy a Nia or Libra2.
I actually just want to try and repair it for the practice! I have a broken one, so I might as well. Do you by any chance recall what the common reasons for failure was?
MonsteraPeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 12:28 PM   #5
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

The Aura One uses a capacitive touch screen. I think that reddit link is someone guessing what the correct screen is based on the 7.8" size and not the actual screen. It's not too hard to find bare 7.8" eInk screens on places like waveshare. Probably best to open it up and find the correct part number.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert