Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Cheapest 6" Kindle for testing e-books

What would be a cheap 6in Kindle to get just for testing .mobi book layout?

I am helping a non-profit convert some of their books into Kindle versions and a need has arisen for a 6 inch Kindle to test them.

I wouldn't mind getting Voyage but I am still very happy with my iRiver HD and also use my Kindle DX from time to time warts and all.

Also, how is it would it be to sideload .mobi files on Voyage ? That is can i just plug in USB and copy like on my Kindle DX?

So, I would rather not spend $79 for a regular Kindle with offers: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Glare-F...dp/B00I15SB16/

However, on eBay pretty much anything under $50 is with a broken screen and uncertain provenance.

So are there perhaps some woot / slickdeals like deals for older Kindle's with some sort of warranty?
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
So are there perhaps some woot / slickdeals like deals for older Kindle's with some sort of warranty?
I would go to your local pawn shops. Often people get Kindles as presents, have no clue what to do with them, and then pawn them -- almost unused. In the Dallas/Fort Worth area I've paid as little as $5 for a Kindle, but, day to day, expect something in the $25 to $45 range. And don't be afraid to talk them down by $5 or $10 dollars. E-ink readers don't sell quickly at pawn shops, so they're usually willing to deal.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
amazon, kindle, mobi, testing