Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
seafolly
seafolly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
How long to get answers?

Hello,

I filed a report with the customer service system via the Kobo website on June 30th and according to my ticket, my case has yet to be assigned to anyone. The last time I needed help I think the situation was solved within a day or two. Did I get lucky or are Kobo staff unusually busy right now?
seafolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafolly View Post
Hello,

I filed a report with the customer service system via the Kobo website on June 30th and according to my ticket, my case has yet to be assigned to anyone. The last time I needed help I think the situation was solved within a day or two. Did I get lucky or are Kobo staff unusually busy right now?
I think they likely more busy than normal due to a bunch of new owners of Kobo's (because of the release of the Touch) but customer service is very uneven - sometimes awesome, sometimes they completely drop the ball. Best advice would be go to the getsatisfaction.com/kobo site and post your concern and ticket number. Squeaky wheels over there seem to be able to get some action. If it's a simple problem call the 1-800 help line (which normally gets answered by a live person immediately) and that may work too (not so much if it's a bigger issue that needs to be escalated).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
seafolly
seafolly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I remember finding that site when Googling questions about the Kobo but could not for the life of me remember what it was. I was just worried about complaining if a week is normal to them. I was just SO impressed with the response with the first issue (poor battery) I hoped I might get the same experience this time around (screen malfunction to the point where it definitely does not work anymore). Fingers are crossed!
seafolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafolly View Post
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I remember finding that site when Googling questions about the Kobo but could not for the life of me remember what it was. I was just worried about complaining if a week is normal to them. I was just SO impressed with the response with the first issue (poor battery) I hoped I might get the same experience this time around (screen malfunction to the point where it definitely does not work anymore). Fingers are crossed!
That's an issue where a phone call is probably painless and will get you looked after if you don't hear back shortly. I HATE calling most companies these days, but that is something Kobo does well.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Or you could ask your question here. There are some Kobo people reading this forum and one of them might be able to answer your question, or one of us Kobo owners might be able to help. I've been able to get most of my questions answered right here.
Advert