Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 06:17 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What do you mean by fits the screen. The image is automatically rescaled so the entire image is visible on the screen. It is not stretched to fill the screen however.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:15 PM   #17
ldxza
ldxza began at the beginning.

Device: Linux tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What do you mean by fits the screen. The image is automatically rescaled so the entire image is visible on the screen. It is not stretched to fill the screen however.
Yeah. I'm just going to use a different viewer for the CBZ files. I'll just use Manga Reader (which I found last night on Flathub) as it works smoothly with image archives and is a Qt app for Linux. For anyone looking for something to handle CBZ files better on Linux (that has an option to hover your finger over an area and get out of full screen on a touch screen) I recommend it. But this is only for Linux users. Sorry, Windows and Mac users.

I'll stick to the default viewer for Mobi files that I converted to Epub files. That seems to work properly.

Last edited by ldxza; 02-01-2023 at 08:19 PM.
ldxza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:41 PM   #18
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Works for me converting cbz to epub and viewing in paged mode
I think he probably expects to see no margins.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 12:00 AM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Yeah, I gathered that, but that would mean distorting the image since its aspect ratio is not the same as the windows. In any case, for viewing comics a dedicated comic viewer is superior, it will do panel detection for instance.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:33 AM   #20
ldxza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Margins are fine. But no. I mean, it literally was not using up the majority of the screen after converting them.

Last edited by ldxza; 02-02-2023 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:42 AM   #21
ldxza

Quote:
Yeah, I gathered that, but that would mean distorting the image since its aspect ratio is not the same as the windows. In any case, for viewing comics a dedicated comic viewer is superior, it will do panel detection for instance.
Got nothing to do with margins. Here's the issue after converting to Epub or PDF so that you get a better idea:

See all that black area? This is with default settings. But yeah. This is why I am using Manga Reader. Which is this: https://flathub.org/apps/details/com...fb.mangareader

It has the basic functions and auto fits to the screen like so:

And it's smooth with those CBZ files. So, I'm gonna say case solved after doing some research. Thanks anyways.

Last edited by ldxza; 02-02-2023 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:25 AM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That just shows the images you are viewing are smaller than the window you are viewing them in. The viewer does not upscale images.

If the default profile has images too small for you screen use the Tablet output profile and turn off black and white in comic input settings and you will get the same rendering as mangareader. You wont have panel expansion of course.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:53 PM   #23
ldxza

Quote:
That just shows the images you are viewing are smaller than the window you are viewing them in. The viewer does not upscale images.

If the default profile has images too small for you screen use the Tablet output profile and turn off black and white in comic input settings and you will get the same rendering as mangareader. You wont have panel expansion of course.
I already did that too. Then the image is too big when I used tablet output. This is just too much hassle. So, I'll be keeping it as I have it now.

Tags
linux, slow, viewer