Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2022, 09:22 AM   #16
geordiejohn
Zealot
geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you quoth do you know where I can get it please?
geordiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #17
geordiejohn
Zealot
geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you quoth do you know where I can get it from please?
My chromebook is arm not Intel.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:41 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
See
https://download.calibre-ebook.com/5.44.0/

You need to make sure you have modded the Chromebook to run ARM Linux programs.

You may need to build the source.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 11:46 AM   #19
geordiejohn
Zealot

Thank you I will try tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:50 AM   #20
geordiejohn
Zealot

they say 64bit and mine is a 32bit?
thank you.
there is a source code but i dont know what to do with that.
Old 10-13-2022, 05:17 AM   #21
geordiejohn
Zealot

Can someone please give me a sudo command to install calibre on an Acer 32bit arm chromebook?
Thank you.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:23 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiejohn View Post
Can someone please give me a sudo command to install calibre on an Acer 32bit arm chromebook?
Thank you.
There is no such command. There is also an issue with the installers for the versions previous to 6.0.0 where the Linux 32-bit i686 installer is labelled as being Linux ARM 64 bit binary.

As an example, for 5.44.0, clicking the Linux ARM 64-bit binary link will download calibre-5.44.0-i686.txz.

For version 6.0.0 and higher, there are ARM binaries available but they are 64-bit only since QT no longer supports 32-bit operating systems.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-13-2022 at 05:09 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 04:51 AM   #23
geordiejohn
Zealot

OK thank you I will have to give up using calibre and try sending books by email.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:14 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiejohn View Post
OK thank you I will have to give up using calibre and try sending books by email.
Or you could get a laptop that runs a 64-bit OS so you can run Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:07 PM   #25
jmurphy
Connoisseur
jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipaq
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Or you could get a laptop that runs a 64-bit OS so you can run Calibre.
Until you replace your obsolete Surface Pro 2 with something more modern, you should stop throwing rocks at your glass house.

Also: pot, kettle, black.
jmurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 05:04 PM   #26
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Is there a way to make a dual-OS (Linux and Windows) Calibre portable thumbdrive/external_HDD?

The thumbdrive would need to be formatted with a filesystem both OS'es would work with - probably NTFS since Linux understands NTFS better than Windows understands EXT4. I know the instructions at the top of this thread say a Linux filesystem must be used, but I was wondering if thoughts on that had changed since those instructions were written two years ago.

I am fine with a traditional Linux-only portable installation. But I was thinking of adding Windows to the mix in case other members of my family (who don't use Linux like I do) might want to plug this portable installation into one of their Windows computers and use it.

I was thinking of a directory structure like the attached screenshot, which makes things pretty clear about what is what to someone not familiar with the portable installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	197482  
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 06:10 PM   #27
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I think I got it to work with a 32Fat and a NTFS filesystem, but it took reformatting the usb several times--also formatting the usb using my Windows VM.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Is there a way to make a dual-OS (Linux and Windows) Calibre portable thumbdrive/external_HDD?
NTFS
The thumbdrive would need to be formatted with a filesystem both OS'es would work with - probably NTFS since Linux understands NTFS better than Windows understands EXT4. I know the instructions at the top of this thread say a Linux filesystem must be used, but I was wondering if thoughts on that had changed since those instructions were written two years ago.

I am fine with a traditional Linux-only portable installation. But I was thinking of adding Windows to the mix in case other members of my family (who don't use Linux like I do) might want to plug this portable installation into one of their Windows computers and use it.

I was thinking of a directory structure like the attached screenshot, which makes things pretty clear about what is what to someone not familiar with the portable installation.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre portable, linux