Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 10-31-2004, 10:17 PM   #1
starbuckk
Enthusiast
starbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheese

Techbargains.com

In another thread, I talked about getting RSS feeds into iSiloX. My specific goal was Techbargains.com, since they seem to be phasing out their mobile friendly feed. After some effort, I came to the conclusion that RSS wasn't the way to go with TechBargains, and it was better to just reformat Techbargain's main page. So here is a new thread related to Techbargains and how I set it up:

Link: techbargains.com
Follow Offsite Links: Off
Ignore Table Formatting

This pretty much gives the information that was available on their old mobile site in a format that can be reviewed on the PDA. Its slightly harder to read but after scrolling down a bit, you get to the "meat" of the page.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the iSiloX info, starbuckk.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
nick1
nick1 began at the beginning.

Device: Axim X50
Better alternatives for RSS feed and page reformatting

I have recently found the http://www.pocketdeal.com
web site, that offers very good deals for computers,
electronics and many more, plus coupons for many
online and retail stores. What I like more about this
web site as compared with the others is that it offers
2 programs, DealAlert for Windows systems and
PocketDeal for Pocket PCs, that will automatically
downlaod all the coupons and deals on your computer,
and organize them ny categories and stores and dates.
DealAlert will let you know when a new coupon or deal
is posted in less than 2 minutes after is posted on
the http://www.pocketdeal.com web site, and this
really helped me a few times, as I would have missed
it otherwise. Plus, you do not need to keep on
browsing other web sites, you hhave all the coupons
and deals right on your computer or PocketPC (that
will also download the coupons and deals if connected
to the internet).
Old 05-25-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks Nick, good link.