Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
tammingajp
tammingajp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Workings of current page bookmark

Hello,

When reading a book in the Calibre E-book viewer this program keeps a note about the current page in a file called calibre-bookmarks.txt, which is placed in the META-INF directory of the epub file.
I can't seem to grasp the logic of this locator which in my case has a value of:

calibre_current_page_bookmark^8# *:eq(0) > *:eq(1) > *:eq(98) |0.7282608695652174

Would anyone be so kind as to explain the principle?

Thanks,
Jan Peter
tammingajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a jquery selector with a fallback of the fraction scrolled
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
chezpaul
chezpaul began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
How do I go about deleting this calibre_bookmark.txt file ?
I'm trying to upload my book to the ibookstore and it won't let me do it with this file present. I'm using a Mac. I can't seem to be able to see it in META INF.
Thanks.
chezpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@chezpaul - welcome to MobileRead.

There's a few plugins that can help - Quality Check will search your library for ePubs that have this bookmark file in them. Then Modify ePub has an option to remove them for you. And finally be sure to turn bookmarks off in your calibre ebook viewer preferences or else they will just keep on coming back again...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
chezpaul

You are my savior !!! ;-)

Okay this is going to sound crazy but can you tell me where in preferences ? I've been through the whole damn preferences and couldn't see anything about bookmarks.
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It's in the preferences for the ebook viewer itself - open a book in the viewer, then click on the preferences icon above the blue i, and untick "Remember the current page when quitting".
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
chezpaul

Got it, thank you so much.

What program do you guys recommend for writing ebooks on the mac ?

Tags
bookmark, current, locator, page