Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
calculator on kobo

Is it possible to put a calculator on the kobo?

For example there is something called Graph89 for the android, and if you have the calculator rom file then you can emulate the ti-89 calculator on you phone. I was just wondering if that sort of thing can, or has been, done on the kobo? I did a search and couldn't find anything on it.

Is it possible?
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Ok, just found -pbchess: Launcher for Qt apps with chess, checkers, reversi, sokoban, gomoku, notepad, a calculator, a file manager, and OPDS browser, Dropbox integration, USBnet, a simple terminal, a port of Coolreader and the ability to add your own apps. from the kobo hack and utilities Index https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295612

I don't know what kind of calculator it is, but graph89 is a full fledged graphing calculator with CAS (computer algebra system) - so that would be awesome if it could be done. Anyone?
Advert
Old 11-29-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
christopher22
Zealot

I guess that's a no, I've got zero responses so far. Perhaps no ones really that interested in a "more than they need" calculator on their kobo - haha, after all it's just an e-reader.

Never-the-less, it would appear I would have to load Android on my kobo and from there the I could load the graph89 app through the playstore (or get it wherever - and find a ROM) and just use the kobo as an android.

Does that sound like I'm on the right track?

I'm basically a newbie for these kinds of things, and I'd hate to brick a perfectly good ereader especially if android doesn't work all that well on it anyways.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:42 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
A full fledged graphing calculator should be possible. The processors on these are likely quite a bit faster than on my TI-89. It's just a matter of not having someone with the skills interested enough to code it.

Good luck installing Android on Kobo. I think last working attempt was on Gingerbread (Android 2.3).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:37 AM   #5
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
You may try installing Kobo Start Menu 09. Please go through this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293804
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calculator, graph89