Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Best purchase option in case return might be needed?

Some people seem to be critical of the difficulty effectuating a Kobo return.

For a US buyer, where is the best place to buy a Kobo ereader in case a return might become necessary? Walmart store? Walmart online? Kobo.com? Other?

Last edited by petercreasey; 09-14-2019 at 01:34 PM.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Your other thread has good information on this

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=322618
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

True, the focus of this thread is intended to be on how best to buy and be in a good position to secure an easy Kobo return should a return become necessary.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i expect the answer depends on what country you are shopping in

for example Argos in UK give 14 day no quibble refunds, even if there's nothing wrong but you just don't like it
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Where is the best place to buy a Kobo ereader in case a return might become necessary? Walmart store? Walmart online? Kobo.com? Other?
Quote:
True, the focus of this thread is intended to be on how best to buy and be in a good position to secure an easy Kobo return should a return become necessary.
Maybe I'm dense, but even with your explanation, these seem to be two threads without a differentiation.

(In the US) Walmart is the best place to buy a Kobo because of the ease of returns. I'm one of those that really doesn't care for Walmart as an entity. But they are the best place to buy a Kobo.

You should be able to order the Kobo online, have it shipped to your house and if you hate it or it hates you, you can trudge to your local Walmart, marvel at the people that come out of the woodwork to shop there and return your Kobo easily.

If you follow my sage advice, make sure when you purchase online that Walmart is the seller rather than a third party vendor.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #6
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
order the Kobo online, have it shipped to your house and if you hate it or it hates you, you can trudge to your local Walmart
Good, this was a main question I had with respect to Walmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
make sure when you purchase online that Walmart is the seller rather than a third party vendor.
If I use Walmart, hopefully it will be easy to determine if Walmart is the seller.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:32 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
If I use Walmart, hopefully it will be easy to determine if Walmart is the seller.
It will look like the attached (without my clumsy attempt at yellow highlighting)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Walmart Clara.png
Views:	96
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	173479  
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:59 AM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Walmart gives 15 Days. But my last Kobo was past that. I had to contact Kobo CS explain the problem ship them the device Start to finish 10 days later I had New Kobo.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #9
petercreasey
Wizard

That is good news to hear.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #10
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Walmart gives 15 Days. But my last Kobo was past that. I had to contact Kobo CS explain the problem ship them the device Start to finish 10 days later I had New Kobo.
Being one (the?) recently experiencing difficulties dealing with Kobo "Customer Care".... I'm at (checks notes) 28 days and counting since initiating my return with neither a Kobo Forma 32GB nor my refund although the refund should be coming within the next week or so assuming Kobo don't screw up yet again. Walmart do not carry the 32GB models so that's not an option for me.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote