Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
nadeen
nadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
What are your favourite Christmas reads?

I love a Christmas Carol by Dickens - tell me yours! - http://bit.ly/fZQUiw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.ashx.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	63313  
nadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Do they have to be about XMas? My personal favorite is not about XMas in any way. Its Age of War by David Robbins.

Considered one of the most dangerous anti-West terrorist groups, the Al-Jabbar ply their lethal trade quietly and efficiently. But now, state-of-the-art intelligence and the interdiction of Mack Bolan have foiled them twice in deadly plots against America.

But the hunt has just begun. On a bloody chase spanning the Middle East, the Aegean and East Africa, they remain one step ahead of Bolan, leading the warrior on a race to circumvent their most monumental act of savagery. They've got a dirty nuke and the means to get it to American soil...striaght to the nation's capital.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sb090.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	63315  
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
ZombWii
Enthusiast
ZombWii began at the beginning.

Ummm...yeah, I think it should be Christmas related. That's the point.

Having already watched the new animated A Christmas Carol, and still having
A Muppet Christmas Carol to watch tonight, I am already doubly dosed in that Christmas favorite.

Instead I've just started Dickens' The Haunted Man. It was the fifth, and last, of Dickens`Christmas tales according to the back of my Modern Library edition.
ZombWii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Quote:
Having already watched the new animated A Christmas Carol, and still having
A Muppet Christmas Carol to watch tonight, I am already doubly dosed in that Christmas favorite.
Muppet Christmas Carol! My favourite Christmas movie! Wait, this thread is about reading, not movies. Yes, I love the book, too. Especially the beginning line, about a coffin nail being the deadest piece of ironmongery in the trade.

Another Christmas story I love is "A Child's Christmas in Wales", by Dylan Thomas. Now I have to go see if I can get that on my kobo somehow...
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
s5gv2
s5gv2 began at the beginning.

The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder is a favourite of mine
s5gv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
Muppet Christmas Carol! My favourite Christmas movie!
Blackadder Christmas Carol? Not quite suitable for the small children in the family but a great watch.

Funny that this thread came up, I coincidently finished reading A Christmas Carol earlier today, first time I have read it (and my first Dickens novel). So I will have to say overall that A Christmas Carol is my favourite christmas read (ignoring the fact that is has been my only christmas read ever )
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
nadeen
nadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-booksnadeen has learned how to read e-books

I'd say those are some good responses!
nadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
SandysConnected
SandysConnected began at the beginning.

I'm going to have to go with Dicken's Christmas Carol as well!
SandysConnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
"The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry. Short, to the point, and brings a lump to my throat each time I read it.

I can't find it on here in ePub format, but it is available in Mobi and other formats.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34376
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

I'll go Dickens as well...

"Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?"
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I wish there was a book version of "Bad Santa"...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #12
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I wish there was a book version of "Bad Santa"...
BIG +1

That flick is an annual Christmas tradition for us.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #13
Greenhat
Enthusiast
Greenhat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Do they have to be about XMas? My personal favorite is not about XMas in any way. Its Age of War by David Robbins.

Considered one of the most dangerous anti-West terrorist groups, the Al-Jabbar ply their lethal trade quietly and efficiently. But now, state-of-the-art intelligence and the interdiction of Mack Bolan have foiled them twice in deadly plots against America.

But the hunt has just begun. On a bloody chase spanning the Middle East, the Aegean and East Africa, they remain one step ahead of Bolan, leading the warrior on a race to circumvent their most monumental act of savagery. They've got a dirty nuke and the means to get it to American soil...striaght to the nation's capital.
Don't believe your novels please. Muslims are not anti-West.
Greenhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #14
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Oh, another favourite Christmas read of mine is Agatha Christie's "The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding", where Hercule Poirot "gets" to spend Christmas in a country house and finds in his plum pudding- well, I won't tell you what; don't want to spoil the story.

And I'm reading "Rumpole at Christmas" right now, by John Mortimer. Good old Rumpole, and his glass (or two, or three) of Chateau Thames Embankment...
amo is offline   Reply With Quote