Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-21-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
New Samsung LCD display adapts to sunlight

I know. It's just a lowly LCD display. But this is still an interesting technology that I would like to see rolled out with mobile devices.

Here's the scoop. "Samsung announced today the development of an intelligent mobile display driver IC (DDI), which enables the displays on handheld devices to deliver clearer images in broad daylight.

Until now, mobile DDIs have been designed simply to drive the LCD panels mounted on mobile devices. Now, Samsung has developed an intelligent version that will reduce display power consumption and improve image quality on mobile displays.

Samsung's new DDI device automatically measures the brightness of ambient light and determines the optimal image output. While enhancing the visibility of on-screen images outdoors, this DDI device can reduce the power consumption of the display module by nearly 30 percent by lowering the backlight brightness in an indoor environment."

Read the rest of the story at Mobiledia.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote