Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
bruja_phoenix
italian girl
bruja_phoenix began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m96
how can I install a dictionary english-italian?

Hi everyone
I'd like to install on my device a dictionary english-italian so that, when I read a book in english and don't know the meaning of a specific word I can click on that one and have the translation ad a result.
I tried downloading some apps from google play, but they don't seem to ne integreted in the text so that only consulting it in the apps section (and not directly from the ebook) I can have a translation.
How can I do?
Thanks.
bruja_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
First you have to install ColorDict or GoldenDict. They are avaible in Play Store. Then you can install the dictionaries. If you can not find the one you're lookin for, there are "external" dictionaries avaible.

ColorDict

GoldenDict

Try searching english-italian stardict on your Onyx Play Store to see which one is avaible...
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
Or, you can proceed like the FAQ says, here:

https://onyx-boox.com/support/f-a-q/

Quote:
Does BOOX support dictionaries?

Yes, Onyx BOOX supports dictionaries in StarDict format. On the device you have some free samples. You can use the dictionary while reading an eBook by higliting a word you need to translate. It’s also possible to add your own dictionairies – you can find thousands of them in internet. Make sure they are in StarDict format. How to instal and use a dictionary? Please check user manual.
And the manual says:

Quote:
Users can download
Stardict dictionary and put it into folder “dictionary” on MicroSD
card, then the dictionary can be used when reading;
More details ( from here http://www.onyx-international.com/en...php?serial=876 )

Quote:
How to install dictionary

1. Download the dictionary from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf...ict-form-xdxf/, then follow the notice to download the dictionary you want accordingly

2. Unzip the dictionary and put this dictionary into SD Card's “dicts/” folder. There are 3 files (.dict.dz,.idx,.ifo ) in each dictionary folder.

3. Insert the SD card into your device and the dictionary will be installed automatically into your device. Then you can use the dictionary while reading.
You can find some compatibles dictionaries here ( thanks to Biopresto):

http://www.7steps.it/downloads/Downloads/Stardict.html

HP

Last edited by hubertphava; 07-11-2014 at 05:40 PM.
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:51 AM   #4
bruja_phoenix
italian girl
bruja_phoenix began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m96
Thank you very much, both of you, I solved the problem.

hurbertphava thanks for the link to english-italian dictionaries, I really couldn't find any that worked.
bruja_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruja_phoenix View Post
Thank you very much, both of you, I solved the problem.

hurbertphava thanks for the link to english-italian dictionaries, I really couldn't find any that worked.
EhEhEh... join also "simplicissimus" italian ereaders forum:

http://forum.simplicissimus.it/index.php

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #6
Nico0
Nico0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
Hi,

I can't use the English-French dictionary of my Afterglow II. I would follow these same instructions but I dont have the file "Dictionary". Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.
Nico0 is offline   Reply With Quote