Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
cdnchef76
cdnchef76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle D01100 (WiFi 4th Gen)
calibre - Auto Send Does Not Work

Hello; I've been using calibre 0.9.0 for some time now on my Mac. For some reason, Auto send never actually works.

I can manually email ebooks to my kindle without difficulty (Connect/share > Email to) so I know that my email setup is working properly.

However, when I download a new periodical (Fetch News > Download Now) calibre does *not* automatically send the email.

I've attached a screen shot of my preferences window.

Any idea what the issue might be?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10:6:12 9:21 AM.png
Views:	535
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	93518  
cdnchef76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What is your output format set to?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
cdnchef76
cdnchef76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle D01100 (WiFi 4th Gen)
Thank you, now I understand.

The receipes were generating EPUBs but the Auto-Send formats only included AZW, MOBI, TPZ, PRC, and AZW1.

When I changed my default format to MOBI, Fetch news automatically created a MOBI file, and Calibre automatically sent it to my specified email address.

Sorry for the trouble!

Last edited by cdnchef76; 10-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.
cdnchef76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnchef76 View Post
Thank you, now I understand.

The receipes were generating EPUBs but the Auto-Send formats only included AZW, MOBI, TPZ, PRC, and AZW1. When I added EPUB the list, the email was automatically sent correctly. Unfortunately, my Kindle can't read EPUB files. Is there a way for me to have the EPUB automatically converted to MOBI prior to it being sent?
To expand on Kovid's question:

In Preferences -> Interface -> Behavior, change Preferred output format from EPUB to MOBI.

Last edited by unboggling; 10-06-2012 at 09:04 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto-send, calibre, email