Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
wirawan0
wirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Kindle upload-via-email plain text formatting

I pleasantly found today that if we load a plain text file to our @free.kindle.com, when the file is opened on my kindle, it is lightly formatted! It correctly recognized bullet points, even some headings (printed in large bold font). Does anyone know of this feature? It seems like an ASCIIDOC or rst-like syntax that they use in the conversion.

I am specifically interested to know the formatting syntax that it uses.

Wirawan
wirawan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
All files that you email are converted to .mobi format, which is HTML-based. You were lucky. The last time that I sent a list, the bullet points were not correct. You can put a .txt file directly onto the Kindle, via USB, if you want.

Edited to add: unless you email a pdf file, without "convert" in the subject line. Then, the pdf file is just delivered as is.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert