Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Story HD Mod: Hyphenation Disabler (07 Feb 2012)

Hi,

Warning: This mod works fine for me, but I can't guarantee it will work for you. Use at your own risk!

This mod may not be particularly useful, but here goes: It disables au-to-ma-tic hy-phe-na-tion of words.

I read books in English mostly and unfortunately even very short words (6 characters) get hyphenated by default, which annoyed me a lot. Since I couldn't find a way to make it hyphenate long words only, I disabled the feature entirely.

To use, rename the attached hex file to storyeb07.hex and copy it to the internal memory (like a regular firmware update).

This change can also be reverted by using the attached Undo file.

Regards
frostschutz

EDIT: Obsolete. See Story HD Mod: Hyphenation instead.

Last edited by frostschutz; 07-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
I'm probably stating the obvious here- but this must not be a US version problem.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Dunno if there is a difference between US and German wifi version here, really. Judging from the files alone, both firmwares appear to be using the same hyphenation rules. Doesn't the US version hyphenate words at all?

Most users are probably fine with this anyway (hence I wrote that this mod "may not be particularly useful"), it's just my personal preference to keep words intact if possible.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Ha Ha Yes it does. I've never even noticed. I randomly scrolled through 20 pages in the book I'm reading and found 6 words hyphenated. One was only a four letter word so I see your point. Thanks a lot, now It'll bother me LOL
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote