Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Linux Libertine font woes

I use Morkl's hacked reader app, with custom fonts and css style.

I've been experimenting with different fonts, and come across this vexing problem: Linux Libertine font displays regular normal-weight text as bold. I've tried otf, ttf, saving css as utf-8, ansi, ... anything that I could think of, to no avail. The font files are fine when I check them on PC. And all the other fonts that I've tried so far displays the same normal-weight text in the correct normal-weight font.

Below are my css codes... If there's anyone who's successfully using the Linux Libertine font on T1, please share your thoughts.

Code:
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LinLibertine_R.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LinLibertine_RI.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LinLibertine_RB.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LinLibertine_RBI.otf);}

@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LinBiolinum_R.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LinBiolinum_RI.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LinBiolinum_RB.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LinBiolinum_RB.otf);}
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I saw something similar that was cleared up by removing the font-family part of your @font-face statements. It wasn't exactly the same case, but worth a try, I think.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert