Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
laura8090
Voracious
laura8090 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, EZReader, iTouch, JetBook, Pocketbook 360, Samsung TAB
Slider

Just bought a new JetBook cause the EZReader wasn't very ergonomic (very akward to use and the speed to flip pages was driving me mad!)

So, to get to the point.... is there any way that anyone has found to switch the directions the pages flip when you move the slider up and down. I would think it would be more ergonomic to move the page forward when you move the slider up rather than down (but that's just me.)

Thanks for any insight!
laura8090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura8090 View Post
Just bought a new JetBook cause the EZReader wasn't very ergonomic (very akward to use and the speed to flip pages was driving me mad!)

So, to get to the point.... is there any way that anyone has found to switch the directions the pages flip when you move the slider up and down. I would think it would be more ergonomic to move the page forward when you move the slider up rather than down (but that's just me.)

Thanks for any insight!
Take it apart and turn the switch around?

Just saying!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura8090 View Post

Thanks for any insight!
Welcome to the club, Laura! I'm sure you will like your jetBook >-|-.

I use the buttons under screen to page down and page up.
(I prefer horizontal view ) and usually don't use slider.

What is the color of your jetBook and where you purchased it?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Take it apart and turn the switch around?

Just saying!
Ehm, speaking as someone who has taken it apart... you'd have to change some internal wiring. All the slider does is bump buttons above and below it that trigger the page turn.

I always thought using the slider in landscape mode was interesting... if you hold the jetBook in your left hand and hit the slider with your right, it almost mimics the action of turning a page.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
laura8090
Voracious
laura8090 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, EZReader, iTouch, JetBook, Pocketbook 360, Samsung TAB
Thanks for the replies. I am a tad technically challenged when taking things apart, so I will probably just live with it for now. I was hoping that there was a software fix for it or some setting that I just couldn't find that would allow you to switch the slider directions around.

So far, I am enjoying it. It's nice and light weight. I have used for years an ebookwise 1150 and it's been great but it did start to get heavy in the hand. (And it allows you to switch the buttons to go forward or backward depending on your preference.)

Laura

PS: I bought a black one. It goes with everything!
laura8090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Me too, I'm a little challenged on the software side.

I'd MUCH rather hack the hardware than the software, but Yes, it can be done. It would entail downloading the firmware, disassebling it, modifying the logic, recompliling it and then reflashing the firmware. WAY beyond my feeble abilities!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
bonteku
Interested Observer
bonteku began at the beginning.

Device: Palm tx/Jetbook
I find that the slider is in the most comfortable position of the three page turn options but after awhile it feels like I'm pressing a piece of barbed wire.I've solved this by cutting a piece of electricians rubber tape to fit over the slider,the adhesive side sticks very well but does not leave a sticky residue if taken off and the rubber side has a perfect gripping surface for my thumb.Holding the jetbook is a little awkward and is my major complaint but this trick has made it more comfortable to use.The tape and my jetbook are both black so it looks like it came from the factory this way.
bonteku is offline   Reply With Quote