Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-31-2023, 04:38 PM   #1
Sunshine82
Enthusiast
Sunshine82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Adding Column for Ebook Format

Can a new column be created to show the ebook format? If so, what is the process for doing so? I realize that there is a default filter in the sidebar for format types, but I am looking for a way to better integrate this variable into the main screen of Calibre as a proper column.
Sunshine82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:31 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Custom columns:

Preferences -> Add your own columns
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2023, 09:45 PM   #3
Sunshine82
Enthusiast

Thank you. I found what I was looking for in the Quick Create section.

However, I now notice that multiple formats are ascribed to single ebooks: EPUB, mobi, etc. Why would this be?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 18.45.03.png
Views:	70
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	199381  
Old 01-31-2023, 09:46 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
because you can have multiple formats attached to one book record.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:53 PM   #5
Sunshine82
Enthusiast

Okay, that makes sense. But in my case, I have some book records with multiple formats and then some books are repeated across separate records -- each with their own formats. I don't recall how I imported or converted the books to begin with; but, I suppose, that that might be the result of user "error".

Is there then a way to consolidate separate book records of the same book but with different formats into a single book record of the same book with different formats?
Advert
Old 01-31-2023, 10:42 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine82 View Post
Okay, that makes sense. But in my case, I have some book records with multiple formats and then some books are repeated across separate records -- each with their own formats. I don't recall how I imported or converted the books to begin with; but, I suppose, that that might be the result of user "error".

Is there then a way to consolidate separate book records of the same book but with different formats into a single book record of the same book with different formats?
Semi manual
Find Duplicates Plugin
Once you confirm they are to be merged. Select the target FIRST, then the other(s): 'M'

Hint Preference: shortcuts to find and see assigned keystrokes (you can make your own assignments there also)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:51 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Edit book metadata tool has merge options, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-01 144937.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	199382

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 01:00 AM   #8
Sunshine82
Enthusiast