Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
MarcoA
MarcoA began at the beginning.

Device: Android Samsung SIII
How to keep formatting in Kindle for Android

Good morning and thanks so much to all the ones who took their time to welcome me to MobileRead.
Now my issue:
When converting to MOBI, setting Calibre as much as I can understand all formatting options, I am not able to get Kindle for Android to show the specific fonts I set as much as I get with Bluefire when I convert to EPUB.
Could anyone please help me on this issue?
Hope to hearing from you
Brgds
Marco
MarcoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoA View Post
When converting to MOBI, setting Calibre as much as I can understand all formatting options, I am not able to get Kindle for Android to show the specific fonts I set as much as I get with Bluefire when I convert to EPUB.
I'm not a Kindle user, but I didn't think mobi had the ability to embed fonts. Convert to AZW3 instead.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
MarcoA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm not a Kindle user, but I didn't think mobi had the ability to embed fonts. Convert to AZW3 instead.
Morning DoctorOhh. I tried the AZW3 conversion and Kindle for Android opens it with its own font. Actually, Android does not recognize .AZW3 as a file any installed software is able to open but Kindle for Android does open it when I transfer the file manually to its books folder. Many thanks for trying to help, I really appreciated your suggestion.
Brgds
Marco
Old 03-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually, Android does not recognize .AZW3 as a file any installed software is able to open but Kindle for Android does open it when I transfer the file manually to its books folder.
Kindle for Android doesn't advertise any file type to android so you always need to transfer the file to the books folder. I use Calibre Companion to transfer books from my library to my Android device. You can set all mobi and azw3 books to transfer directly to whichever folder you choose.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
MarcoA

Good evening
I just installed Calibre Companion. Fantastic app, much praised among its users. Thanks for the hint. Sent my AZW3 file to my Samsung SIII and it worked perfectly but ... K4A still does not kept my formatting. I am convinced K4A can show fonts other than the standard one because I bought two books from Amazon Kindle and they show in K4A exactly in their specific fonts, not the standard one. So, I guess something is missing in my choices of options when I set up either my convertion to MOBI or to AZW3 or to both.
Will keep trying and, for the time being, I will read my books on Bluefire, although that application does not allow me consulting a dictionary inside the app.
Thank you so much for your help. When (and if) I found how to do it I will surely post a message on the thread
My best regards

Marco
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
MarcoA

Just to finish this thead, although I could not learn a way of making Kindle for Android sticking to my formatting I found a reader (Mantano Reader Lite, its free version) which keeps my EPUB formatting and also gives me access to some dictionaries in the internet (embeded to the application in its paid version) which also pleases me.

Thanks DoctorOhh

Marco
Old 03-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I found a reader (Mantano Reader Lite, its free version) which keeps my EPUB formatting and also gives me access to some dictionaries in the internet (embeded to the application in its paid version) which also pleases me.

Thanks DoctorOhh
You're Welcome.

Thanks for updating us. That's the nice thing about calibre companion you can open any ePub in most any reading software you choose.

I'm glad you found something that works for you.