Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-06-2023, 09:51 PM   #31
hamaviz
hamaviz began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Oh! Until I scrolled up I forgot about our previous interaction.

Just rename this KbdMaps-1.0.apk
Thank you very much. Just a question: Right ctrl+shift acts as RTL, and LEFT ctrl+shift as LTR in this keyboard, right? I'm asking because I renamed and installed it, but when I click on Right ctrl+shift, nothing happens, and when I press LEFT crtl=shift, the input method changes (without any change in alignment).

Thanks again
hamaviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 05:30 AM   #32
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
When I hit Ctrl-Shift-ArrowRight it generates U+200E, Left-to-Right Mark, i.e. going towards the right, i.e. normal (for me, an English speaker).
When I hit Ctrl-Shift-ArrowLeft it generates U+200F, Right-to-Left Mark, i.e. going towards the left.
You can check that the correct codes are being generated using my UsbMode.apk
How an edit box or a text editor is supposed to react, I don't know.
I can see that when I use my plain text editor those two control codes are in there.
Maybe the Ctrl-Shift-ArrowLeft toggles on/off RTL mode?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:03 AM   #33
hamaviz

Quote:
When I hit Ctrl-Shift-ArrowRight it generates U+200E, Left-to-Right Mark, i.e. going towards the right, i.e. normal (for me, an English speaker).
When I hit Ctrl-Shift-ArrowLeft it generates U+200F, Right-to-Left Mark, i.e. going towards the left.
You can check that the correct codes are being generated using my UsbMode.apk
How an edit box or a text editor is supposed to react, I don't know.
I can see that when I use my plain text editor those two control codes are in there.
Maybe the Ctrl-Shift-ArrowLeft toggles on/off RTL mode?
Many thanks for your reply. The last question: You mean when you hit Ctrl-Shift-ArrowRight the text goes to the left end of the line and when you hit Ctrl-Shift-ArrowLeft, it goes to the right end of the line? I just want to make sure that I can accurately understand your sense.

Last edited by hamaviz; 01-08-2023 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:52 AM   #34
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
The sense I was thinking of is that the arrow is the direction of the travel of the text, not the alignment of the text (which could be the other direction).
If you have mixed LTR/RTL there will be only one alignment.

As I said, I don't understand anything about LTR/RTL.
You've got two keys which generate the marks.
If anything handles that correctly is another question.
You'll have to look somewhere else on guidance for usage.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 12:57 AM   #35
hamaviz

Quote:
The sense I was thinking of is that the arrow is the direction of the travel of the text, not the alignment of the text (which could be the other direction).
If you have mixed LTR/RTL there will be only one alignment.

As I said, I don't understand anything about LTR/RTL.
You've got two keys which generate the marks.
If anything handles that correctly is another question.
You'll have to look somewhere else on guidance for usage.
I got it, Thank you again.