Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Sony DPT-RP1 and DPT-CP1 cracked Android version

Is there anybody on this forum who could share experience with DPT-RP1 with Android?

Mainly interested in if the Bluetooth works with BT page turners or BT keyboards.

Last edited by fgdas; 06-08-2018 at 12:14 PM.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
rpvreviews
Enthusiast
rpvreviews began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 10.3; Various Kindles in past
bump?
rpvreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

$250 crack of DPT-CP1 is already offered on Taobao:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a211ha.10565794.0.0.7c3f1f18YuErGW
Old 06-11-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
fgdas
Addict

Looks like there's more competition on Taobao:
Cracking (enabling Android 5.1.1.) of Digital Paper RP1 and CP1 starting at €130/$155 and rooted too.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #5
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Does it have the option of running RP1 as the second monitor?
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 03:50 AM   #6
f.ubuntu
f.ubuntu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note
Do you guys recommend buying the cracked version? Do you think it's trustable enough?
f.ubuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:34 PM   #7
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
It's now being sold by GoodEreader:
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...n-android-apps

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:53 PM   #8
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
It's now being sold by GoodEreader:
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...n-android-apps

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
As I said in the other thread on this, run, don't walk, screaming the other direction from any thought of dealing with them! I need only point you to their "failed" Indiegogo funded ereader where there are sill hundreds waiting for the device to ship 2+ years later (and apparently the few who got one were random luck and not even the early backers). There have been a number of negative comments deleted from the comments section there recently (and lots left to show you why you might not want to buy from them). Lots more that could be said about them, but this link to their Indiegogo project says enough.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #9
jra166
Enthusiast
jra166 doesn't litterjra166 doesn't litter

Device: Boox N96
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech View Post
Does it have the option of running RP1 as the second monitor?
Yes, with the help of software. VNC Viewer (Android) and Tight VNC (PC)

It is a wireless solution. You can see it running on the hacked DPT-RP1 here.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av124...edirectFrom=h5

I'm on the fence with purchasing from GoodeReader at the upcharged price. I have an $80 Lenovo X300/X301 who's screen size/shape is a perfect fit for the RP1... With a hacked RP1 and a little Velcro, I would have an E-Ink Thinkpad Laptop for $1300. Very tempting...

Last edited by jra166; 08-29-2018 at 12:40 PM.
jra166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:38 AM   #10
rpvreviews
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra166 View Post
Yes, with the help of software. VNC Viewer (Android) and Tight VNC (PC)

It is a wireless solution. You can see it running on the hacked DPT-RP1 here.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av124...edirectFrom=h5

I'm on the fence with purchasing from GoodeReader at the upcharged price. I have an $80 Lenovo X300/X301 who's screen size/shape is a perfect fit for the RP1... With a hacked RP1 and a little Velcro, I would have an E-Ink Thinkpad Laptop for $1300. Very tempting...

I am also tempted but I got burned in the Indiegiogo campaign. Also this is almost $500 more than regular price. I wish someone posts open source method
Old 09-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #11
xoanohn
Connoisseur
xoanohn doesn't litterxoanohn doesn't litter

Device: Aura One, Aura, H2O, ipad pro 12.9 (2015 and 2017), PRS-T1, PRS-505
I bought an onyx boox note 10.3 3 days ago, and I am returning it.

With a side-by-side comparison with the note's default reading app and sony's sony's has much better contrast. Everything just looks washed out. I also wanted to find an android pdf reader that can sync files with dropbox like pdf-expert does, but couldn't find anything. However, having mangarock was great. I wish there was an easy, step-by-step guide to cracking the sony.
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:30 AM   #12
silvertriclops
silvertriclops began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Sony DPT-RP1
Easy step by step guide has been posted to XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...4&postcount=68
silvertriclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #13
jra166
Enthusiast
jra166 doesn't litterjra166 doesn't litter

Device: Boox N96
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertriclops View Post
Easy step by step guide has been posted to XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...4&postcount=68
Is the only way to do this with a custom cable? I don't have the skills, nor would I trust my attempt, to make a usb OTG cable. Can something like this be bought?
jra166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:14 PM   #14
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jra166 View Post
Is the only way to do this with a custom cable? I don't have the skills, nor would I trust my attempt, to make a usb OTG cable. Can something like this be bought?
Now there supposedly is a method without cable. You need to flash two different times. haven't tried it yet.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:20 PM   #15
rpvreviews
Enthusiast

Interesting, time for some weekend reading and playing around the device

Last edited by rpvreviews; 11-16-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Tags
goodereader bad