Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thoroughly proof-read "The Eye of Osiris" in Vol 1 against a Google page scan, and fixed dozens of errors as a result, as well as adding in all the missing italics, and an image of a Greek inscription not previously included. Uploaded a new version of Vol 1 as a result.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Read "The Mystery of 31 New Inn" in Vol 1 and corrected a number of minor formatting errors as a result. Uploaded a new version of Vol 1. This will be the final version of Vol 1 unless any subsequent errors are found.
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #18
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
I have just finished reading the first story in the series and greatly enjoyed it. I learned of the Dr. Thorndyke series in an article called "The rivals of Sherlock Holmes" by Peter Haining in his "A Sherlock Holmes Compendium". As I looked in the MR uploads, I discovered that you had put most of the other authors which he had listed on the site already. Thank you so much for this service. I really appreciate your efforts.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Proof-read Vol 2 and uploaded a new version. Several hundred errors corrected.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #20
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Great work HarryT!! I downloaded all of your ER Burroughs anthologies, H.R. Haggard, Sax Rohmer and now this one. Am looking forward to many hours of great reads. Have you thought about compiling some of the many non anthologized ebooks that you've posted?
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #21
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Just a question, are each of the uploads linked in the first post separate books? Or are they updated versions of the same book? Just confused as to whether I need to download them all if I want to read every story.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #22
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Just a question, are each of the uploads linked in the first post separate books? Or are they updated versions of the same book? Just confused as to whether I need to download them all if I want to read every story.
I've read this series. Yes, you need to download all to get every story. For instance, Dr Thorndyke Omnibus Vol 1.prc contains The Red Thumb Mark, John Thordyke's Cases, The Eye of Osiris, and The Mystery of 31 New Inn.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #23
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thanks!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #24
sstaley
sstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Angelina Frood?

I've really enjoyed reading through your collections of Freeman's Thorndyke mysteries here! Thanks so much for all the hard work.

Question: any idea when "The Mystery of Angelina Frood" might become available for Kindle download? It's one of the only Thorndyke works I can't find.

Again, thanks for the tremendous service you've provided here for us Freeman fans.
sstaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #25
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
Are you saying you have "Dr Thorndyke Investigates" and "Dr Thorndyke Intervenes" in ebook format? They are also missing from Harry's collections, and I can't find them anywhere other than in paper book form.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #26
sstaley
sstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheesesstaley can extract oil from cheese

Conor: Unfortunately I do not have "Investigates" and "Intervenes." I've been reading Freeman's Thorndyke stories on my Kindle in chronological order and have hit the "Frood" barrier--haven't reached either of the other two yet. After searching exhaustively throughout the internet, I've gone to my university library and ordered "Frood" through interlibrary loan. I'll do the same for the later works if they're not posted by the time I get to them. I am hoping they'll show up here, and once again, I appreciate what HarryT has compiled here for us. --Steve Staley
Old 02-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstaley View Post
I've really enjoyed reading through your collections of Freeman's Thorndyke mysteries here! Thanks so much for all the hard work.

Question: any idea when "The Mystery of Angelina Frood" might become available for Kindle download? It's one of the only Thorndyke works I can't find.

Again, thanks for the tremendous service you've provided here for us Freeman fans.
I've asked PG Australia (that's where most of the books came from) and they say that they've been unable to locate a printed edition of the book to scan for their collection.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #28
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
"Dr Thorndyke Investigates" is the problem one. Long out of print. Amazon UK has the other two,
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #29
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thanks, Harry T, for all your work with these... Much, much appreciated...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #30
sstaley

Working on Frood

HarryT et al: I've gotten ahold of a hard copy of "The Mystery of Angelina Frood" and am about halfway through scanning (and proofing) it. Let me know if you'd like me to send along a file (what type, how to send) so you can include it in your Omnibus series. --Steve