Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-05-2022, 09:27 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Pocketbook HD2 - does not render html like HD3

Hello,

I have a novel where the author used the below block of html code to indicate a section break:

Quote:
<p><br/>
</p>
When I open the novel on my Pocketbook HD2 there is no section break. However, when I open the same novel on my husband's Pocketbook HD3 there is a section break.

Is there anything I can do to fix this on my Pocketbook HD2?

Going through all my novels and replacing the html break tag with a horizontal line tag is a solution I'd prefer to avoid.

Thanks for any and all help.
Amalthia

Last edited by Amalthia; 07-05-2022 at 09:29 PM. Reason: fixed quote problem
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 02:23 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Try KoReader or (if it must be the pocketbook internal reader) use Calibre to search and replace. There are some plugins available which can do a search and replace in a selection of books.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2022, 12:46 AM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

I'll see what I can find in the plugins. I've tried KoReader but it looks like it doesn't read my epub's css file so that was weird. I'll have to do a lot more reading KoReader to see what I can do with the display settings.

Thanks for the tip on the plugins!
Old 07-08-2022, 02:11 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
For me I think it was the plugin:
Modify ePub

I changed it for my purpose to have an extra menu entry which does my custom replacement.

KoReader:
Has its own epub.css file, you can find and change it under:
\applications\koreader\data\epub.css

Last edited by nhedgehog; 07-08-2022 at 02:14 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 02:39 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Thanks for the tip on where to change the epub css in KoReader! That'll save some time hunting for it.

I looked into Modify ePub but I couldn't find a section that'll search and replace html within the epub.
Advert