Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 10-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #1
ozmenius
ozmenius began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 5
Create a monolingual Dictionary

Hello,

I'd like to create monolingual dictionary for Turkish. The reason is that it is far more better to look up for words in the source language for a better understanding. I do the same with English instead of using a dictionary for German-English.

My source would be the "Büyük Türkce Sözlük" which lists the meanings of a word with stars at the beginning. That looks like this:

Quote:
abra
* Bozuk teraziyi dengelemek için hafif gelen kefeye konulan taş, demir, çivi gibi ağırlık, dara.
* Bir değiştokuşta üste verilen şey.
abrakadabra
* Eski çağlarda bazıhastalıklara iyi geldiğine inanılan büyülü söz.
* Sihirbazların sıkça kullandığıbüyülü söz.
abrama
abra and abrakadabra are individually listed words.

My issue: I have a lack of understanding for compiling a .quickdic-data. My first success in this was generating a German-Turkish dictionary with the Toligen dictionary builder by changing the code in generate_dictcc.sh I took from Peripathetic's topic QuickDicBuilder. But I would say that my work isn't a master stroke. But if dictcc had a monolingual dictionary, I would have solved my issue.

My thought: Dozens of other people would like to use a monolingual Turkish dictionary for themselves why I hope that I would find help in this forum to create one.

What do I have to do to compile a dictionary from the "Büyük Türkce Sözlük"? How can I convert the listing and the explanations to each word into a "clean" lexicon?

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by ozmenius; 10-01-2021 at 05:38 PM. Reason: grammar mistake
ozmenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 07:54 AM   #2
ozmenius
ozmenius began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 5
I made headway the on creating a database. I have tab separated txt-file of the glossary. Now I just need to convert it to a QuickDic-file that allows looking up for words.
I used the dictcc code as a base, but if I change the code of the QuickDicBuilder as mentioned below which didn't work:
Quote:
# -agentlib:hprof=heap=sites,depth=20
ICU4J=/usr/share/java/icu4j-49.1.jar
test -r "$ICU4J" || ICU4J=/usr/share/icu4j-55/lib/icu4j.jar
XERCES=/usr/share/java/xercesImpl.jar
test -r "$XERCES" || XERCES=/usr/share/xerces-2/lib/xercesImpl.jar
COMMONS=/usr/share/java/commons-lang3.jar
test -r "$COMMONS" || COMMONS=/usr/share/commons-lang-3.3/lib/commons-lang.jar
COMMONS_COMPRESS=/usr/share/java/commons-compress-1.13.jar
JAVA=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java
test -x "$JAVA" || JAVA=java
"$JAVA" -jar DictionaryBuilder.jar --lang1="TR" --lang1Stoplist=data/inputs/stoplists/de.txt --input1=data/inputs/dictcc.txt --input1Name=dictcc --dictInfo="dictcc-based TR" --dictOut=data/outputs/TR_dictcc.quickdic --input1Charset=UTF8 --input1Format=tab_separated
But if I look up for words, the Tolino eBook reader displays a blank page. What did I do wrong?
ozmenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2021, 04:56 AM   #3
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
I have also tried to create monolingual dictionaries, to no avail. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=343664. Maybe you’d like to participate on GitHub.

The most likely reason for the blank pages in your case seems to be that you create v7 dictionaries, while the Tolino can only handle v6 dictionaries (which are more inefficient and much larger).

You should be able to convert v7 to v6, though. Have a look at the genv6.sh script.
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote