Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #16
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid that, in the ignorant position of being the mere owner of an iPhone 4 (unlike most of the worthy commentators, who appear to be getting their information direct by mind-transference, and so don't need to bother with trying to use one for themselves ), I think the whole thing is a storm in a teacup. No, let me rephrase that - a minor breeze in an egg-cup. Yes, it's a minor inconvenience for some people (it works just fine for me), but it's fixed by a $5 case. Sense of proportion, anyone?
Apple turned this into a PR mess. To me, a sometimes-Apple customer, this is a design flaw that can be corrected with a case or bumper, so I won't rule out buying an iPhone 4. What gives me pause is how the company addresses problems. That would be the same for any company I might buy from.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Undoubtedly it's been a PR mess, Maggie. I'm just more than a little amused by how some elements of the media appear to have turned a minor reception issue with a cell-phone into an apocalyptic "the sky is falling" type story. Aren't there more important things happening in the world to talk about? The choice is simple - if you don't like it, buy something else.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #18
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Undoubtedly it's been a PR mess, Maggie. I'm just more than a little amused by how some elements of the media appear to have turned a minor reception issue with a cell-phone into an apocalyptic "the sky is falling" type story. Aren't there more important things happening in the world to talk about? The choice is simple - if you don't like it, buy something else.
There's no disputing that Apple stories get clicks. Me, I've read relatively few of the stories. At this point, I know there's a problem and I'm curious how they'll address it.

There are lots of rabid anti-Apple people who are making hay, but that's not surprising, either. It's pretty easy to tell on this forum, for instance, who's got an ax to grind. The thing is, they hurt their own credibility by blowing things out of proportion.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
maybe he's just looking for votes..? like any politician.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:24 AM   #20
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Quote:
I'm afraid that, in the ignorant position of being the mere owner of an iPhone 4 (unlike most of the worthy commentators, who appear to be getting their information direct by mind-transference, and so don't need to bother with trying to use one for themselves ), I think the whole thing is a storm in a teacup. No, let me rephrase that - a minor breeze in an egg-cup. Yes, it's a minor inconvenience for some people (it works just fine for me), but it's fixed by a $5 case. Sense of proportion, anyone?
Yeah - you people who actually have, like, *facts* and *experience* and, like, *information* and, like, *stuff* just, like, *totally ruin everything* for the rest of us who are just, like *guessing* and *speculating * and s**t.

I mean, come *on* man, like, just because you like *know s**t*, what gives you the right to, like, just totally say stuff??

Jeez!
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert