Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #46
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is it that Amazon threats every other country's Amazon like they don't give a shit except for the US?
I suppose you could try to be specific. If they could, Amazon would be happy to have only one Amazon.com but governments wouldn't like that. Book publishers wouldn't like that. Customers would like it but what do governments care about customers or taxpayers.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #47
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I'm starting a new religion. You'll be able to take your Kindle with you and my heaven has WiFi, fiber optics, too, and guaranteed to stay state-of-the-art. I'll let you know where to send your checks shortly. Before you decide, keep in mind that Hell has dial-up access at 300 baud and it's totally unreliable.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #48
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
What happens to my digital content when I die

I think this discussion belongs in the Politics and Religion forum.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think this discussion belongs in the Politics and Religion forum.
It only seems that way now that everyone has run out of useful things to say about the topic.
But it is still fun to toy with the various aspects of the original topic.

I suspect that having a little bit of fun outside of the "Lounge" forum is against the site guidelines.
Sooner or later, someone will come along and tell us to go play outside.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Go play outside!

But seriously, my only quibble with the location of this thread is that General Discussions might be more appropriate. It's hardly a kindle-specific topic.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #51
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It did start out as Kindle-specific.
I suppose we could drag it back to its original Kindle-specific form.

Last edited by knc1; 06-13-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #52
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Actually it never was about Kindle. It was about Amazon and cloud storage.
I think we would get more ideas if it was in General Discussion.

My idea is share now and label.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #53
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Actually it never was about Kindle. It was about Amazon and cloud storage.
I think we would get more ideas if it was in General Discussion.

My idea is share now and label.
Cloud Storage specifically intended to deal with (or for) the digitally departed (in the USA, other countries unknown, ask them):
https://www.thedocsafe.com/

Although I am always skeptical of sites that make it hard to access their pricing.

= = = =

In addition to the $2.50/month or $25.00/year plan, the cloud service linked to in my signature also offers a "multi-user" plan (at the higher cost of a 'business plan').
I.E: Where "multi-user" might be yourself + your heirs (just don't give them their credentials until your dead and gone).

Last edited by knc1; 06-13-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #54
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
continuation of digital access is easy to accomplish. hypothetically, i can give my offspring full access to my account when i die. said offspring would just then change the credit card that is used to fund the account. whether this is legal or not is another question.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #55
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Google: Plan Your Digital Afterlife
https://publicpolicy.googleblog.com/...life-with.html
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #56
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
continuation of digital access is easy to accomplish. hypothetically, i can give my offspring full access to my account when i die. said offspring would just then change the credit card that is used to fund the account. whether this is legal or not is another question.
That indeed is the question (at least in the USA).
The legal system lags behind reality by a good bit, no hard and fast guidelines (or requirements) seem to have been set yet.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:19 PM   #57
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
Google: Plan Your Digital Afterlife
https://publicpolicy.googleblog.com/...life-with.html
This doesn't say anything about content like ebooks or movies.

Quote:
Or you can select trusted contacts to receive data from some or all of the following services: +1s; Blogger; Contacts and Circles; Drive; Gmail; Google+ Profiles, Pages and Streams; Picasa Web Albums; Google Voice and YouTube.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 06-13-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #58
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
For Amazon we use a credit card so that does have a single primary owner, but for utility bills/Sky/Broadband etc we use a joint bank account, we've never had any issues at all. In the U.K. either party can sign up DDs on a joint account but for each company they just want a single point of contact.
we have the basic utilities on joint account DD also, it's netflix, Spotify, Amazon that cannot be done that way. And our Alexa is also using one of our Spotify Famiy accounts.

with virgin media is a bit more complicated. There has to be a single primary contact email , who can then create other email addresses. so my wifes' virginmedia email is created as part of my acccount. Under heir rules , if a change of ownership occurs e.g. my account taken over by her, all email address are deleted, so hers is wiped and cannot be retained or transferred. They would probbaly incompetently manage to lose the virgin phone landline number also

Re Josie and Steve at amazon - I did not fully follow how that came to be set up - can you do a for dummies process on how to create a similar one please
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #59
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
I keep a file with all my passwords to all my accounts, user name, email, all updated. My wife and daughter will have that. 6 weeks ago I had a major operation and I made sure my wife knew where all my passwords could easily be found. It is not just about digital media--though you want them to have access to that, I have lots of files, genealogy info, etc., that I want them to have access to. So probably the simplest way is to have all your account info in one safe place that provides easy access to them.
I like this older article about ebooks after death:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/op...en-you-do.html
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #60
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Re Josie and Steve at amazon - I did not fully follow how that came to be set up - can you do a for dummies process on how to create a similar one please
It's just the name on the account

Our Amazon account is at least 8 years old. We set it up with one email address, one physical address, but two addresses labels (for want of a better word) on the account, one for Mrs Josie and one for Mr Steve, both the same physical address. Then we made the name on the top of the account page Josie and Steve. so when Amazon ring us up they ask am I speaking with Josie and Steve, whichever one of us answers says yes.

Amazon may well be under the illusion we are both one person, and it's one single account, but we both have the account details and password, and we both actively use it, with multiple kindles, Fires etc.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote