Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-08-2016, 04:19 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Lightbulb Free (DRM-free PDF) Folkestyrets rugekasser [Danish Academic Democracy Volunteerism]

Folkestyrets rugekasser: Frivillige foreninger og folkestyre (Incubators of Democracy: Voluntary Associations and Democracy), edited by Michael Böss, is a Danish-language academic anthology about Exactly What It Says In The Title, which is also #5 in the MatchPoints series of titles in the Social Sciences and Cultural Studies fields, free courtesy of publisher Aarhus University Press in Denmark.

This is their current Danish-language Free Book of the Month selection for June, and contains essays on the topic of democracy and volunteerism in past and present ages, especially as it pertains to a form of education associated with particular types of volunteer participation in Denmark which seems to have gotten its roots in the 19th century (Wikipedia).

Currently free, just through the month of June directly @ the university's dedicated promo page (DRM-free PDF available worldwide). More info about the book can be seen on its own regular webcatalogue page.

Beskrivelse på dansk
Pokaler og pomfritter i sportshallen, sammenhold og snobrød i skoven, integration og ildhu i kulturhuse landet over: I Danmark har vi en lang tradition for folkelig oplysning gennem deltagelse i frivillige foreninger, og højskolebevægelsen, andelsbevægelsen, fagforeningerne, idrætsforeningerne og spejderkorpsene har været grundpiller i samfundet siden midten af 1800-tallet. Historisk har de været med til at skabe aktive medborgere og gensidig forståelse, solidaritet og tillid på tværs af sociale skel. Men er vi i dag måske mere til coffee to go, fitness og Facebook end til folkekøkkener, fodboldstævner og fællesskab?

Det diskuterer 21 forskere og foreningsrepræsentanter i Folkestyrets rugekasser. Frivillige foreninger og folkestyre. Forfatterne bevæger sig tilbage gennem foreningslivets historie, undersøger betydningen af frivillighed i dag og peger på, hvordan frivillige foreninger på nye præmisser og i andre former fortsat kan gavne det danske samfund.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:20 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Just a reminder that this may be the last day to pick up the freebie if you're interested and haven't already (unless they leave it up while they take their usual summer break).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
academic ebook, danish author ebook, danish language ebook, expired freebie