Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 AM   #256
longchuai
longchuai began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M90
I am in Australia and I ordered an M90 from onyxboox.com. I got a tracking number on 17th of June. Up to now the USPS tracking site says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". The Australia Post tracking shows "No events found".

Has anyone here received the reader?
longchuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #257
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
In the beginning of next week we (www.onyx-boox.com) are going to ship the Onyx Boox M90.
We send with TNT which is really quick within Europe.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #258
PDFReader
PDFReader began at the beginning.

Device: none
I ordered M90 from onyxboox.com as well, I have same problem with shipping. The guys from the shop told me that they are going to check with the post-office today.
PDFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #259
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Mine was "shipped" on 6/17. USPS finally updated it's tracking last night, and it's out partying somewhere in the Atlanta area.

When it finally makes it to Chicago, I'm sure my new mail carrier will take it to an address three blocks away, as she regularly does with my Netflix discs.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #260
nskmda
nskmda began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Mine was "shipped" on 6/17
U r probably in the same situation as I am.

did you ask them about the delay?
The problem is with the FW update they're trying to upload to the readers ordered (at least that's what they told me).

Basically, if they were a bit proactive they could have posted something on their web site or at least updated order status.

'cause I ordered mine on 6/13 and it's been shipped only 2 days ago (but that's separate story).
Between those 2 dates I had numerous emails sent back and forth (I'm confused with the comments about SW issues. and I'm afraid of potential HW issues with the reader).
But the overall CS communication of onyxboox.com was pretty prompt.

Let's wait for the thing to come and we'll see how it works.

Btw, did you know Dulinsbooks.com offers black ones in August?

Regards
nskmda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #261
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
maybe- black ones are still a bit up in the air. thats the current timeline.

if the usps tracking says its in atlanta but that was several days ago then it is more than likely the package is actually in the hands of Chicago postal employees either at the sorting center or the local office by now. you will probably get delivered before the device shows as being in chicago.

what it means is that the postal employee who first picked up /was given the package did not scan it.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #262
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lazy postal employees. I'm stunned.

This is why I prefer UPS. I pretty much know where my packages are all the time. Also, my UPS guy and I are pretty close, so I know he won't mis-deliver, unlike the mail carrier.

Your item was processed through and left our ATLANTA, GA 30320 facility on June 22, 2011 at 7:36 pm.

I suspect it will arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

Black case or white, I'm not overly particular. I did write to Decal Girl, asking them if they might make skins for it, and they said if the unit sells well, they'll consider it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. All of my ereaders are skinnned, and I like them that way. I suppose I could get a laptop skin, and cut it down to fit, but I know I'll jack that up.

I did order a nice sleeve for it..... I had them customize the size based on the specs on the Boox website, so I hope they are correct.... It's already been shipped from Germany, so I hope to have it next week.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 06-23-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #263
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

is that felt? thats brilliant
Old 06-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #264
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
is that felt? thats brilliant
From the product description:
Quote:
As german as my roots are your new home will be made from beautiful 3 mm (1/8") thick german natural
woolen felt which is the best material to protect your Mac from dust and scratches.

German woolen felt is known for its best quality. It is eco-friendly, long-lasting, breathable, water-repellent and
stain-resistant by nature. The dachshund applique is made of genuine calfskin leather.
Woolen felt? Wool that processed into the form of felt? Felt that feels like wool? Heck if I know. At least it's breathable, so the Boox won't suffocate.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #265
Dulin's Books
Wizard

yeah felt technically is wool. but there are artificial fiber felts
Old 06-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #266
Marco9000
Marco9000 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Mine was "shipped" on 6/17. USPS finally updated it's tracking last night, and it's out partying somewhere in the Atlanta area.
I am a bit worried as well, I usually live in Cambodia (where letters and packages disappear) so I made the order to my summer location (Sweden).
When I did my pre-order the published date was before my trip to Sweden so I felt quite confident, now I am really worried it won't reach me before I leave Sweden (at the end of July).
I would feel a lot more confident in getting the device if I could see the updated status.

/Marco
Marco9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:02 AM   #267
Dulin's Books
Wizard

it should only take 10 or so days to get from the US to Sweden
Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 AM   #268
Marco9000
Marco9000 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One
That's reassuring!
I should get the device in the beginning of next week then since it has been sent the 16:th unless customs think they should keep it for a week or two.
Marco9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 AM   #269
mdzieg
mdzieg began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M91S
Hi,

I have got onyx M91s.

Unfortunatelly not all issues have been solved with firmware update. IR sensor still triggers page changes in some situations.

It's true that IR works fine in full sunlight, but....

I'm sitting on my sofa having window behind me. I can see my head's shadow on the reader. When I change the angle of the reader or move my head right, so the IR sensor enters the shadowed area, and then move it back to light - page changes to the next one. IMagine you are sitting in a train or somebody passes you from behind

It is annoying and makes reader unusable. They should have placed there simple cross button with confirmation button below... I got my reader 2 days ago, and was happy with it for just one day...

I hope they 'll fix it, if not I'll go and buy kindle dx

Last edited by mdzieg; 06-24-2011 at 08:11 AM.
mdzieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #270
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
That's why I always prefer to wait and then look up for reviews, other people opinion. And wait for the firmware to "mature", having early adopters feedback help the company solve some issues that may exist.

But I do hope this turns out to be a good product in the end, because I would really like to buy it.

BTW welcome mdzieg, and thanks for registering just to give us some feedback on the product we're interested in
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90