Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
themav
themav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problems with receiving news feeds

Hi there,
I am currently having problems receiving news to my device through the email function. The problem I am currently having is that now I am getting emails from Amazon.com saying I have not given them a payment method. This seems to be stopping my news feeds to reach my device. Do I have to pay Amazon for these articles???

Right now, I have my username@kindle.com as my device email, and i have Calibre set to send through my Gmail. (The test i performed in the setup wizard was successful for this address, btw.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
themav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
themav
themav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I set my device email to username@free.kindle.com, and I am now bombarded with Amazon emails. For each news, I am getting the same email asking for payment, and second email with the file emailed to me. Not to mention the process of me actually getting my news takes a LONG LONG LONG time. In some cases over an hour. And, it won't send over 3G? only WiFi?
themav is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You have to pay Amazon if you want to receive news over 3G. The free.kindle.com type email accounts are only checked by your Kindle when it is on WiFi.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote