Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #106
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Whispersync -- limited time

$1.99 -- Confidence -- Martin Meadows/ John Gagnepain --> 1.0 hrs --> NF motivational

Quote:
Confidence: How to Overcome Your Limiting Beliefs and Achieve Your Goals

Whispersync: Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free)

Most of us have no problems identifying goals we want to accomplish. It's putting these plans into action that is difficult.

Sometimes we lack discipline or motivation. However, there's another reason why you might struggle to make changes in your life - you have low self-efficacy.

What is self-efficacy? What are the main four sources of it? How can you develop more confidence in your abilities?

These are some of the questions I'll answer in this short book. The advice you're about to read is based both on scientific research and my personal experience. I will share fundamental knowledge that will help you build more confidence in your abilities and reach your goals.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:03 AM   #107
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 11 Jan
Advert
Old 01-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #108
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon Whispersync -- limited time

$1.99 -- Bad Habits No More -- SJ Scott/ Greg Zarcone --> 1.3 hrs --> NF motivational
I saw the ebook. Loved the WS price. But then I noticed that the it had only 90 pages. That'd be like paying $10 for a 4.5 hour audio, if audio was all that you were interested in. But, thanks for the post--some people may not mind.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #109
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I saw the ebook. Loved the WS price. But then I noticed that the it had only 90 pages. That'd be like paying $10 for a 4.5 hour audio, if audio was all that you were interested in. But, thanks for the post--some people may not mind.
I think it's good to point out that it is a short book. But, equating a price to hours read? You could miss some great winners with that thought.

For others, please note that most of this author's books are currently 99c (free if you have KU) and the accompanying whispersync audiobook is $1.99.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-11-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #110
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I think it's good to point out that it is a short book. But, equating a price to hours read? You could miss some great winners with that thought.

For others, please note that most of this author's books are currently 99c (free if you have KU) and the accompanying whispersync audiobook is $1.99.
It's just a quirk of mine. I don't know how many other people share it.

I do the same thing with ebooks and lectures (like The Great Courses').

But if I need a book or want it very badly (and neither one of the libraries where I have privileges has it), I throw that rule out the window. Then I resort to price comparison, and consider going the used book route. I'm still going to be a bargain hunter, regardless.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-12-2017 at 04:30 AM.
Advert
Old 01-11-2017, 10:14 PM   #111
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 12 Jan
Old 01-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #112
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 12 Jan
  • Audible ---> $2.95 -- Into the Light -- Aleatha Romig --> detective
  • BN Nook --> $9.99 -- Two by Two -- Nicholas Sparks --> contemporary
Old 01-13-2017, 01:17 AM   #113
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 13 Jan

Mindfulness in Eight Weeks: The Revolutionary 8 Week Plan to Clear Your Mind and Calm Your Life
Old 01-13-2017, 05:12 AM   #114
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
The NEWTRAVEL promo code wstill works on Audible.com. I just signed up for three months for $1.95. I'm in the UK and I paid $2.24 per month but another member on here posted that its $1.95 for US members.

Audible UK has an offer as well until the end of the month, 3 months for £2.99.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #115
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 13 Jan
  • Audible ---> $3.95 -- Red Queen -- Victoria Aveyard --> YA fantasy
  • BN Nook --> $4.99 -- Hands Free Life -- Rachel Stafford --> inspirational

Hands Free Life: Nine Habits for Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, and Loving More
Old 01-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #116
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

WS Deal on Book about a Couple Leaving NYC to Live in Mississippi Delta. Only $6.48!

I wasn't sure that I'd have time to make another post today, so I wanted to make sure that it was a good one. This looks like a good to great one.

I'm afraid that a lot of the experiences that the book tells about will be overly negative about the Mississippi Delta. Well, as one who has traveled through, and spent a little bit of time, there there are a lot of negatives (sometime I will tell you about the man-eating mosquitoes that are everywhere, in huge numbers, in the summer). But there are also a lot of positives. For example, you can find some great blues music around, and a good number of famous blues players are from the Delta. Actor Morgan Freeman is from a town in the Delta, did own (maybe he still does, I dunno) a restaurant there, and it seems like he spends quite a bit of time there. I could go on and on.

For you who are new to MobileRead and/or Amazon: "WS Deal" means a Whispersync Deal. That occurs when a person buys the ebook and gets the audio narration of the book sometimes much cheaper than he/she would if he/she were to buy the audiobook alone at Audible. The deal right now is extra good because of a large drop (83%!) in the price of the ebook from the digital list price. The "sync" comes in, because Amazon and/or Audible automatically sync the ebook and audiobook together, so that when you stop reading, for example, you can pick up by listening, at exactly the same spot where you left off with your reading.

Oh, and you people out there who think that you like only fiction: just pretend that the things in this book never really happened, and I'm sure that you will like the book, too. ha

Title: Dispatches from Pluto: Lost and Found in the Mississippi Delta.
Genre: Non-Fiction (Travel/U.S.).
Author(s): Richard Grant.
Price: $6.48 ($1.99 ebook (marked down) + $4.49 Whispersync audio).
Regular Price of Audio, by Itself, at Audible: $23.95 (1 credit).
Ebook Rating/Number of Reviews: 4.6 stars/287 reviews (Amazon).
Audio Rating/Number of Ratings: 4.4/159 ratings.
Pages/Audio Length: 321/10 hours and 10 minutes.
Narrator(s): Shaun Grindell.
Audible URL: http://www.audible.com/pd/Bios-Memoi...ok/B015NMWHKK/.
Amazon URL (you can get the whole Whispersync deal here): https://www.amazon.com/Dispatches-Pl.../dp/B015NOBKGK.
Comments:
Book Description (Amazon):
Richard Grant and his girlfriend were living in a shoebox apartment in New York City when they decided on a whim to buy an old plantation house in the Mississippi Delta. Dispatches from Pluto is their journey of discovery into this strange and wonderful American place.

On a remote, isolated strip of land, three miles beyond the tiny community of Pluto, Richard and his girlfriend, Mariah, embark on a new life. They learn to hunt, grow their own food, and fend off alligators, snakes, and varmints galore. They befriend an array of unforgettable local characters - blues legend T-Model Ford, cookbook maven Martha Foose, catfish farmers, eccentric millionaires, and the actor Morgan Freeman. Grant brings an adept, empathetic eye to the fascinating people he meets, capturing the rich, extraordinary culture of the Delta while tracking its utterly bizarre and criminal extremes.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-13-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:32 PM   #117
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 14 Jan
Old 01-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #118
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 14 Jan
Old 01-14-2017, 06:40 PM   #119
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just reporting in:
I just finished up a 2-months-for-$1.95 Audible offer last month (I think it was the LivingSocial one, but I'm not sure) and my membership status currently says "Not Enrolled."
Today tried the TWiT offer. I was taken to a page that said:
"We're sorry. You've already purchased a membership plan. You cannot purchase a second membership."
So my experience was different from what TM reported back in 2014 when he tried it.
Stringing the offers have variables that can't always be guaranteed, and policies change over time. C'est la vie.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #120
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Just reporting in:
I just finished up a 2-months-for-$1.95 Audible offer last month (I think it was the LivingSocial one, but I'm not sure) and my membership status currently says "Not Enrolled."
Today tried the TWiT offer. I was taken to a page that said:
"We're sorry. You've already purchased a membership plan. You cannot purchase a second membership."
So my experience was different from what TM reported back in 2014 when he tried it.
Stringing the offers have variables that can't always be guaranteed, and policies change over time. C'est la vie.
Audible's algorithms are one of life's great mysteries. I'm currently at a place where none of the offers work for me. They're getting harder and harder to get now and I'm right in the middle of collecting Asimov's Foundation universe series.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-14-2017 at 08:18 PM. Reason: typo