Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-12-2021, 03:21 AM   #1
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Angry CC violates your privacy

Don’t know why I have been blocked twice from posting my privacy concerns. I don’t want to type it all a third time and will take my concern to Apple.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:54 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The app has been abandoned by the current developer.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2021, 12:15 PM   #3
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know it has been abandoned as far as development, fixing problems, and providing up dates. However, there are still people using it. The owner continues to make ad revenue as long as there are any iOS users. I cancelled my subscription at the end of March and hadn’t used it much until this past week. That’s when I realized that the app was accessing my location without my permission and delivering local ads, very local ads. If he is collecting location data without disclosing and getting permission, what other data and personal info is he collecting and what is he doing with it?

The owner never updated the privacy policy when he purchased the app and won’t have to until he puts through an update-which we know is never going to happen.

Yes, I am angry. I have deleted the app from my phone and iPads. Just think anybody still using this needs to be aware.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:13 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
I know it has been abandoned as far as development, fixing problems, and providing up dates. However, there are still people using it. The owner continues to make ad revenue as long as there are any iOS users. I cancelled my subscription at the end of March and hadn’t used it much until this past week. That’s when I realized that the app was accessing my location without my permission and delivering local ads, very local ads. If he is collecting location data without disclosing and getting permission, what other data and personal info is he collecting and what is he doing with it?

The owner never updated the privacy policy when he purchased the app and won’t have to until he puts through an update-which we know is never going to happen.

Yes, I am angry. I have deleted the app from my phone and iPads. Just think anybody still using this needs to be aware.
Are you sure you didn't select to allow app tracking for CC?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
From Apple:

"If you turn off "Allow Apps to Request to Track" in privacy settings, you'll stop seeing prompts from apps that want to track your activity. Each app that asks for permission to track while this setting is turned off will be treated as if you tapped Ask App Not to Track. You can also choose to ask all apps that you previously allowed to track to stop tracking your activity. Or you can allow just the apps to which you previously gave permission to continue to track your activity."

You need the 14.5 iOS version to have this option on your device. I stopped using CC a while ago. This current developer gets nothing from me after the way he has behaved on this forum.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2021, 02:05 PM   #6
Mims
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you sure you didn't select to allow app tracking for CC?
I’m sure.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:03 PM   #7
Mims
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
From Apple:

"If you turn off "Allow Apps to Request to Track" in privacy settings, you'll stop seeing prompts from apps that want to track your activity. Each app that asks for permission to track while this setting is turned off will be treated as if you tapped Ask App Not to Track. You can also choose to ask all apps that you previously allowed to track to stop tracking your activity. Or you can allow just the apps to which you previously gave permission to continue to track your activity."

You need the 14.5 iOS version to have this option on your device. I stopped using CC a while ago. This current developer gets nothing from me after the way he has behaved on this forum.
I have IOS14.5.1 and no permission granted anywhere to cc and no request by cc to track. I agree with you that current owner ( I won’t call him a developer) has burnt his bridges as far as I am concerned.