Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #31
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Oh, my friend! What's not to love about this Indie gem, "Moon People," by Dale M. Courtney?

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-People-D...ourtney+kindle

Reference: The Bottom of the Barrel

https://litreactor.com/columns/the-b...ooks-on-amazon
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:29 PM   #32
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
"Convicted of a crime (s)he didn't commit"
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #33
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Phil walked into the room with his gun up, and said, "Panty raid!"
I am so glad I wasn't drinking coffee at that moment. Thanks for the laugh.
Perhaps he should have said "Moist panty raid."
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #34
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I am so glad I wasn't drinking coffee at that moment. Thanks for the laugh.
Perhaps he should have said "Moist panty raid."
That goes without saying.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #35
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Phil walked into the room with his gun up, and said, "We're going on a Panty raid!" Marissa turned her moist eyes to him, concerned for his sanity. Moreover, she feared that he would learn about those classes she was taking with Clarence.

In this world-building novel, that breaks all the rules for writing, it was thus that the advent of Brexit created an opportunity for a book so good that you can't put it down. For fans of Moon People and Antigua, it's a do-not-miss.

Thank yew. Thank yew verra much.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2017, 06:07 PM   #36
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Phil walked into the room with his gun up, and said, "We're going on a Panty raid!" Marissa turned her moist eyes to him, concerned for his sanity. Moreover, she feared that he would learn about those classes she was taking with Clarence.

In this world-building novel, that breaks all the rules for writing, it was thus that the advent of Brexit created an opportunity for a book so good that you can't put it down. For fans of Moon People and Antigua, it's a do-not-miss.

Hitch
I think you referenced every post in the thread.-)
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #37
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Phillip walked into the room and said "Gun up everyone, we are going on a raid."
Yeah, like this.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #38
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Oh, my friend! What's not to love about this Indie gem, "Moon People," by Dale M. Courtney?

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-People-D...ourtney+kindle
That has made my entire day (if not week). I know it's horrible to make fun of people but...even the "About the author" is gold. I enjoyed that whole page so much. The hilarious "reviews", I suspect, are 100 times better than Moon People.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Hitch
Phil walked into the room with his gun up, and said, "We're going on a Panty raid!"

Spoiler:
Marissa turned and said "Your gun up makes me moist. Take me!".

p.s. Don't say I didn't warn you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #40
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A science fiction epic to challenge the stars! A book so good you'll want to put it down, but can't! [My words.]

An excerpt from "Moon People," by Dale M. Courtney:

They were both secretly thinking
about what they have been missing in their lives. Then David asked Cheral, would you like to come to my place and spend the night? Cheral gave David a funny but sexy look and before David could say, I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that. Cheral said you know I must be crazy but I believe I do and then smiled. David couldn’t believe she said yes. He got the biggest smile on his face and kissed her one more time and said this is turning out to be the best night I’ve had in a very long time. Cheral said me too and they left the beach and went to David’s house and they made passionate love for a very long time. The next morning when they woke up.

No one - and I mean NO ONE! - can write a love scene like this, and one that takes place in a science fiction universe.

I'm aghast at the author's ability in his portrayal of human sexuality. It's simply mind-boggling!

Truly, a work that transcends our accepted meaning of 'Art'.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
D. M. Courtney is Married and a father of three, a writer and also does work for National Security on the part of foreign policies and war strategies and world economic equality. My hobbies are Scuba diving and fishing. I was raised in Miami Florida at the time of the Muriel flotilla of refugees from Cuba in the early seventies. Also did a tour in the military in the Army, went to Korea for a year. I've always enjoyed Writing about science fiction and I hope you really enjoy my book Moon People. Thank you and may God Bless your life.*

* Information gathered from Amazon.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-22-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
A science fiction epic to challenge the stars! A book so good you'll want to put it down, but can't! [My words.]

about what they have been missing in their lives. Then David asked Cheral, would you like to come to my place and spend the night? Cheral gave David a funny but sexy look and before David could say, I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that. Cheral said you know I must be crazy but I believe I do and then smiled. David couldn’t believe she said yes. He got the biggest smile on his face and kissed her one more time and said this is turning out to be the best night I’ve had in a very long time. Cheral said me too and they left the beach and went to David’s house and they made passionate love for a very long time. The next morning when they woke up.

No one - and I mean NO ONE! - can write a love scene like this, and one that takes place in a science fiction universe.

I'm aghast at the author's ability in his portrayal of human sexuality. It's simply mind-boggling!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
D. M. Courtney is Married and a father of three, a writer and also does work for National Security on the part of foreign policies and war strategies and world economic equality. My hobbies are Scuba diving and fishing. I was raised in Miami Florida at the time of the Muriel flotilla of refugees from Cuba in the early seventies. Also did a tour in the military in the Army, went to Korea for a year. I've always enjoyed Writing about science fiction and I hope you really enjoy my book Moon People. Thank you and may God Bless your life.*

That passage is not fiction. It's from D. M.'s diary.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #42
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Third person to first person. I think I shall skip mooning people.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #43
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
I think you referenced every post in the thread.-)
I most certainly did.

Hitch
Old 09-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #44
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Mother of God.

My favorite review was the guy who posted a 2 star review, complaining that after spending his money, he still doesn't know how to moon people. Priceless.

Hitch
Old 09-23-2017, 05:51 AM   #45
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Mother of God.

My favorite review was the guy who posted a 2 star review, complaining that after spending his money, he still doesn't know how to moon people. Priceless.

Hitch

There are some wonderful reviews, many parodying the...ah....style...of the author.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote