Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 05:40 AM   #1
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
[iOS] Bug - Language Metadata

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I couldn't find any other posts, so will start a new post.

I noticed that when I tried to sync my metadata between Calibre & CC, the Calibre default Language field did not work with CC. I ended up disabling the Calibre Language field and making a custom column which worked with CC. All the other default/generic Calibre metadata fields worked with CC fine but not the Language field for some reason.

Apologies if this may actually be a Calibre issue instead of a CC problem or if this has already been raised, but I don't think so...

Operation System: Mac OS X
Calibre Version: 3.0.0
Device: iPad 4
iOS Software: 10.3.2

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Hello Inukami, thanks for the message. This is indeed a missing feature in the iOS version. I've just added Calibre's default language field to the 'book details' screen, and this version should be out within a week or so. However, it's going to be missing from the grouping drawer still. I've added that to my features requested list, but I'm not sure when it's going to get done. I don't get a lot of coding time these days.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #3
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Hi Steve_Haley,

Thanks for that. I will probably switch back to the default Calibre language field once it has been updated. I don't really need to use it in the grouping drawer, just the book details, so that should now all be good for me. But would be nice to have in group drawer as well sometime in the future.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote