Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
aragornnyc
aragornnyc began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKcolor
Change calibre library to:

While using the new Calibre 3.0, I'm receiving this message in CC when trying to view metadata in an accessed library........

"Error retrieving book details, is caliber updated to 0.9.0 or higher"

and CC hangs when attempting to download book from this new library (download marker continues to spin till I abort CC)

All my libraries now show up in CC but I can not access them...Have I done something wrong?????

Thanks for a great app!!!!
aragornnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What version of CC are you running? It should be 5.3.1.1.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Ahh, I see you have a Nook Color. If you are running CC on that then you require support for Gingerbread (Android 2). The last CC release to support Gingerbread and Honeycomb (Android 3) is release 4.3.5.3, which hasn't been maintained for more than a year.

V4.3.5.3 will never be able to handle CC switching libraries in the content server. I also don't know if it will work with the calibre V3 "default" library. I am unable to test it as I don't have any devices before Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). If it works with the default library but doesn't work after switching libraries then you can support multiple libraries by creating a user per library in the new calibre content server setup.

If V4.3.5.3 doesn't work with the default library then the only choices are not to use the content server connection or to keep using calibre V2 (not use V3).

I think it is time to retire that old CC version from Google Play.

Last edited by chaley; 06-18-2017 at 03:51 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote