Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #16
Red_AM
Red_AM began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I followed everything step by step and it doesn't work at all? Anyone got an idea what's wrong?
Red_AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:27 AM   #17
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_AM View Post
I followed everything step by step and it doesn't work at all? Anyone got an idea what's wrong?
Make sure your file got saved as a text file and doesn't have a hidden .rtf extension
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #18
llis
cleaner
llis began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
I've just added a dark theme to Sigil -- see thumbnail....
Thanks for this! Switching my computer settings to work on Sigil has been a pain.

Personally, I prefer light mode for Sigil but not for all my other apps. But this theme is a big help right now.
llis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:02 AM   #19
llis
cleaner

Looking at the css, it occurs to me that, in theory at least, it's possible to create a light mode stylesheet that prevents the white-on-white text, yes? I'm going to do some tinkering and will share here if I come up with anything worthwhile.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Looking at the css, it occurs to me that, in theory at least, it's possible to create a light mode stylesheet that prevents the white-on-white text, yes? I'm going to do some tinkering and will share here if I come up with anything worthwhile.
Yes, It's entirely possible via custom css (for Book View/Preview) and qss for the rest of the UI. Just keep in mind that the BV/Preview custom css will be in competition with any css applied to the text by the epub's internal css.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:58 AM   #21
llis
cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yes, It's entirely possible via custom css (for Book View/Preview) and qss for the rest of the UI. Just keep in mind that the BV/Preview custom css will be in competition with any css applied to the text by the epub's internal css.
Yes. My main concern is being able to see the book files list etc. in the UI.

Ideally I'd like to be able to toggle the book preview between dark/light to test my styles and media queries. But I do preview in other apps.