Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
123123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle nontouch
help me get out of fastboot kindle nontouch please

i could use ubuntu and window xp
123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #2

someone

somebody advice me
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
ubuntu kindle fastboot

I've tried ccompiling it for ubuntu. This is the resulting binary. Since I don't have a new kindle I can't test it, please use it only to get out of fastboot mode. download, make it executable by "chmod +x fastboot" and launch "./fastboot setvar bootmode main"
I hope it will work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fastboot.zip (11.8 KB, 381 views)
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #4
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

edit: maybe you'll need to launch it as root, like "sudo ./fastboot setvar bootmode main". If you don't trust my program enough to launch it as root you can change udev rules to be able to use fastboot as a normal user, but I can't give advice there. You can also compile it by yourself using "gcc -Wall protocol.c engine.c fastboot.c usb_linux.c util_linux.c -o fastboot"
Old 01-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #5

iam sorry

to my incompetence and ignorance , I do not know to to execute it you might my to tell me as steps
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
giorgio130
Time Waster

ok, let's try. unzip the file in your home directory; right click on it>properties>permissions> allow execution of file as a program
now open a terminal and paste this:
sudo ./fastboot setvar bootmode main
while your kindle is connected through usb.
It will ask for your password, type it (it looks like it's not writing, don't worry, it actually is) and press enter. You should be done then.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #7

thank you a lot , please know that I really appreciate this,

bless you

Last edited by 123123; 01-07-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
giorgio130
Time Waster

did it work then?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
B164D
B164D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
I am wondering whether this worked for 123123 as well.

I've locked my Kindle 4 NT by stupidly getting into Fastboot.

Anyway, I've followed the above using Ubuntu 11.10 and I get stuck in the terminal with the message.
./fastbook: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Any advice anyone?

I've tried
strings fastboot
but I don't see a "("

Last edited by B164D; 01-21-2012 at 12:45 PM.
B164D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 452306916
you are right ,i just set my kindle to "fastboot mode". i have fixed it ,thank you very much
I do not know if 123123 fixed his, but I got a PM saying 452306916 got out of fastboot mode. Are there "numbers" accounts related?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B164D View Post
I am wondering whether this worked for 123123 as well.

I've locked my Kindle 4 NT by stupidly getting into Fastboot.

Anyway, I've followed the above using Ubuntu 11.10 and I get stuck in the terminal with the message.
./fastbook: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Any advice anyone?

I've tried
strings fastboot
but I don't see a "("
It appears to be compiled for 64-bit linux. Are you running 32-bit linux? That could cause errors.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
geekmaster: It could be, but I also have 32 bit ubuntu and I have another warning
(My warning text: Can't run binary file)

So B164D, if you have 64bit ubuntu:
Try to use strace. It's utility to trace running application.
Run it like:
Code:
strace -oout ./fastboot arguments
Out of trace will be saved to file called "out".

Note: of course replace "arguments" by arguments you want to run program with.

Last edited by hostar; 01-21-2012 at 02:28 PM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
so please correct me if I'm wrong:
you connect kindle to computer with usbnetwork on and run fastboot "on the computer" right?

Also with special thanks to one of the greatest members of MR: geekmaster

I can ssh to my kindle but when I try to do something simple as "./fastboot getvar version" it shows "< waiting for device >" and does nothing!!! any idea why? I tried sudo too but same result!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
so please correct me if I'm wrong:
you connect kindle to computer with usbnetwork on and run fastboot "on the computer" right?

Also with special thanks to one of the greatest members of MR: geekmaster

I can ssh to my kindle but when I try to do something simple as "./fastboot getvar version" it shows "< waiting for device >" and does nothing!!! any idea why? I tried sudo too but same result!
I got that too. How did you get your kindle into fastboot mode?

rastik put his kindle into fastboot mode using bist:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ot#post1920725
Old 01-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #15
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I got that too. How did you get your kindle into fastboot mode?

rastik put his kindle into fastboot mode using bist:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ot#post1920725
No no! I haven't got my KT to fastboot as I didn't even know what that means (maybe after a bit reading here, I still don't know) I thought if I run 'fastboot' command (thanks to giorgio130) when KT is attached to PC in usbnet mode it will do the work but it doesn't respond at all... I think it's not as simple as what I did for jailbreaking using usbnetwork, there is more to it... one has to open the back of KT and attach some sort of 'data cable' to it, right?!!!

Saying all these, it would be really helpful if someone (maybe rastik) can explain the very basics of fastbooting Kindle (which would be really appreciated).

Thanks

Last edited by thatworkshop; 01-22-2012 at 02:54 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote